hi

hi

Thursday, April 9, 2009

threes

I'm really exhausted. Again.

The crop circles went over well. Someone had stepped in it slightly (from the angle we didn't mark off because Liz and Karen thought three sides would be enough). It was fine and resolved quickly enough. We had a good review. Most people had interesting alternate ways of doing it. There was projected light (which seemed like cheating), rice, collage, screen print, and one group went to the beach and did a 20 foot construction of the Death Star! It was way cool.

Cleaning was a snap. We broke apart the circle and swept it all into one trash bag. One big, 120 pound trash bag. I watched the stuff while Karen and Liz struggled to bring it to the dumpster. I had a meeting with Martin at 11 so I rushed to throw some stuff together.

He still likes my work, we talked about classes and why the heck was Narrative Image at the same time as his studio. He likes my work. It wasn't a very heavy discussion.

I chilled and finally ate something. Illustration Drawing Club had a meeting in the library. We talked about classes and what to do over the summer and maybe a use for the money the Illustration Department has. We are very proactive people it would seem.

Eh. Yeah. Printed out some stuff to make a portfolio. Should have one. Just need to document my other work.

Digital was another pop quiz. Had to recreate this insane portrait. Now it is an editorial illustration. Four topics, mostly about the economy or something.

I'm really tired.

After class, Karen and I rode our bikes up to 21st to catch the 7:00pm showing of Tokyo! We got there early and we were met with a notice that the theatres becomes 21+ after 6:00pm! What the hell? I mean, I'm, 21 and all that but now I can't see a movie with everyone that I would like to. Including Karen who left her ID at home. We enjoyed an Italian soda together and parted ways (I still wanted to see it, company or no).

Tokyo! is three short films by Michel Gondry, Leos Carax, and Joon-ho Bong. All of them center around people living in Tokyo. As the shorts go on, the reality of Tokyo decreases. Gondry's is very beautiful and a lot of the shots seemed like places I remember. It was touching even when it went a little weird at the end. It all made sense. Carax' was about this weird creature who lived in the sewers and tossed grenades and was sentenced to death. He had a weird language and talked about his God. This man was on of three people in the world who spoke the language and translated. It was interesting. Bong's was about this man who did not leave his house and what eventually drives him out into a world unfamiliar to us as well.

They were nice. It was raining when I got out at 9:00pm. Now it is time to sleep well, I have a full weekend ahead of me.

No comments: