hi

hi

Friday, April 3, 2009

the weekend is here

Math class:
Just met with Liz and Karen regarding our crop circle. Liz worked on reproducing it and Karen and I practiced chalk circles. I did some running about and errands but it went generally well and quick.

The break:
Scanned in all of the comic that I had done, resized it, and put in placer text and posted it to the comic class site for other classmates to look at. It is coming along. The text didn't take that long to put in so I feel good about that. I figure I'll need a day just to get all the transparencies set up. And by that I mean, getting text printed out according to the size of the panels and getting see through (except for the black of the linework and the text) versions printed up so that I can put them on my screens and print them. It's a weird process with probably lots of photocopying. I might copy and paste the text right into the frames and photocopy it like that. I'll figure that out. Need to finish the comics first. Speaking of finishing: I got the script done! All of it! Every crummy line of dialogue and action. Uhg. I don't know how I feel about it really. I'm so close to it. Need some distance. So with that, I just need to thumbnail and away I go! I have hopes of getting it finished over the course of next week and into the weekend.

I just bought some stuff to microwave for lunch. A little lean cuisine and a little drink. Was relatively cheap though in the grand tradition of lean cuisine, not filling at all.

Digital Illustration:
We worked on text and cropping images. It was a shortened class and I took the chance to bounce before the rain came back. My mistake as no sooner was I on my bike for a minute than did the heavens spew fourth gallons of wetness. Uhg. It didn't last long but it was horrible.

First Thursday:
Changed into some snazzy tights and shorts and shoes and went to rock the First Thursday thing. Dominic and Thom have a show at Litterbox (named because a kitty named Lester lives in the gallery) so I went there first. Dom put up a drawing I gave to him in the show, but in a clearly not his work section. It was sweet. It was a nice show and lots of people were coming through, and lots of familiar faces. Chatted with Thom mostly. Shared bad jokes. Checked out Pony Club, where I ran into Farel and Zachary. Farel had put up some of the assignment he did in class in the show. Ha! We all chatted a little bit. Karen was also there but she did not talk to Farel. She had one of Adam's friends, Stu, with her. Neat Scottish guy. We all hung out a little bit but we parted at Dom and Thom's show. Janessa, Josh, Craig, Serenity, August and I all went to Upper Playground because Craig said there was a show that was awesome there. Wheeled my bike along and struggled to lock it up. The Upper Playground show was okay, it was saved by having 3D glasses which made the work really pop. It was covered with bright pop monsters and photo defacement.

You spend enough time at First Thursday and people start to look alike. It is the same types of dress and facial hair and all that stuff repeated and stuffed into a crowd. It gets a little overwhelming.

Bike Trouble:
I parted ways with the pals and rode my bike down to the Max. At some point during my struggle with locking up, my brake became dislodged and I was without them and had to skid to stop with my shoes. Thankfully it was flat and I wasn't going fast. I can't imagine not being able to stop on demand like fixed gear bikes. When I got to the max, I fixed the brake and all was well.

Seattle:
I'm going up to Seattle this weekend. It is Llyw's birthday so I'm crashing at his place and partying it up a little at one of his company's shindigs. I consider this my break. Spring Break was just a sham, stupid food poisoning! I'll try to blog but if I don't, don't worry. Taking the train up tomorrow afternoon. Getting there around 6:30. I'm coming down Sunday night. I'm pretty far ahead with the school stuff, so don't worry. And I have train time to focus.

No comments: