hi

hi

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

too ontop of the game

Liz, Karen and I banded together and discussed our ideas for our crop circle. Liz had some ideas worked out already so that was way cool. We settled on this rather biohazardian symbol. We aim to do it in the commons with chalk and sand. It will be very very temporary. We shall start practicing Thursday.

After that I went to work on my screen. Had to buy a brush because I left mine at home but that was probably for the better as now I have one specifically for the drawing fluid. And it is longer than my watercolor brushes so that makes it easier to get some of the spots. Between class and lunch I got it all drawn and dried and the emulsion applied. Left it to dry in the exposure room and then it was student council time!

Not much went down. We got this furniture we budgeted for three semesters ago. Some guerrilla gardening was brought up. We are getting a Foosball table. Then it was back to printing!

The line work looked great. Very clean and exactly what I wanted. I mixed up a ton of my color. Like, way too much and I had to split it into two plastic containers. The printing went really fast and it registered fairly well for the most part. It is looking quite awesome. I am excited for it to be finished. I just powered right through that sucker. I had tons of ink and time left so I bought some more paper and printed 16 smaller bleed prints (when the image runs off the paper). So when I am done, I will have 20 four color prints and 16 two color. The 20 will probably end up being a nice edition 6-8, about 7-9 unique prints that are still cool on their own, and then the remainder just being stuff I screwed up on too much or tester. I feel good about it. Silk screening isn't causing the frustration that other printmaking mediums tend to. All I have to do tomorrow is apply more of the drawing fluid, apply the emulsion, expose it, mix up the final color, and then ink that sucker. I should be done early as it takes no time at all to print.

I got it all clean in time for digital illustration. We had the pop challenge thing. I watched House while working on it. Then I finished up my Coles Phillips piece. Joe came by and said that removing the background pattern was a breath of fresh air. I agree. It did look better with just the smooth blue. I reworked the knee and that part I'm still iffy on. I never collected a reference.

Went to Safeway and picked up soap and shampoo and detergent and other things that feel like they cost a lot but last a long time so in the long run it isn't so bad.

Put things away. Ate dinner. Emptied dishwasher. I can finally return to yoga tomorrow. So happy.

No comments: