hi

hi

Thursday, January 29, 2009

upgraded

My comic idea has to do with puzzles and riddles and job interviews. Or something. I'm still fleshing it out. It was well received by the intensive people. I got a few good suggestions for just how I could take it (I'm just scratching the surface). August is still crazy but in all good ways. Lacey has some nice shorts in store and Maddison is doing something about Lucifer. Before the class I canvased the school with some fliers encouraging people to Vote Trillian.

Karen gave me her wood cutting tools to borrow. Class was mostly a long lecture about carving, cleaning, inking, and all that. We went over our designs. My heron was mostly sketched out on the board while others were tightening up their designs. I was carving while Yoshi was talking (I payed attention as well). Tomorrow, during the break, I plan to finish carving and start printing. I only have to do 3 of each method (hand rubbing and the press). I'm pretty thrilled by the design and I think it will print well. Whoo!!

Comic Club was during lunch. It was mostly the usual faces talking about nerdy things and the high hopes we have and the odds of anything actually happening. There was pizza! I ate a lot of it! I volunteered to do the posters for next meeting. Now I need an idea.

There was, in theory, yoga tonight. I couldn't locate them though so I went home to pick up a mysterious package the Goose was holding for me. What was in the box was so awesome: new headphones! A belated birthday gift from Llyw. They are boss (my old ones started having cord problems a few weeks ago).

Seriously awesome headphones. Every song I listen to just sounds better. They are massive monsters and very distinctive. Katie says I look like a robot with them. This was probably, as a whole, my most awesome birthday. It was golden.

Robin and Karen came over for a few House episodes. We watched the one with the Romani who swallowed a toothpick, the one where house debates reason with a patient, and the one with the CIPA patient who has a tapeworm (my favorite episode). It was fun, but now it is late and I have to get up in eight hours.

Oh, I also did my laundry.

No comments: