hi

hi

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

red bump rising

Snow! More snow! It was snowing when I got up. And it had even stuck a little. To be safe, I opted out of biking to school and walked with Karen. There was no word of cancellation so we trudged on in many many layers.

I got a couple problems wrong with the math work but that was mostly in the tally sections where I included some of the probable outcomes twice. He threw more probability at us, such as the probability of drawing this AND that and with or without replacement. Robin was very sarcastic and the teacher called her out a little. In a silly way. That girl, ooohh.

So after class, Karen showed me how to screen print! She showed me how to apply the emulsion, how to clean the screens, how to expose, how to set up an image to expose, and all that. We did it in two parts, separated by digital painting. It is pretty easy. I should get a screen, whoo! Have screen printing Tuesdays or something.

A guy came in and talked to us about our opinion of the school. He was looking to apply and wanted some student opinions so we gave him ours.

I am going to run for Student Clubs Coordinator. I will be a little chunk of change at the end of the semester. I will help sort out the clubs and all that. I'm up against Jeremy and Melissa (not a Melissa I know, actually I am not even sure if that is her name err). I think I have a good chance. I'm running my campaign with "Accept whatever brings us together". Like, silly clubs are okay as long as people show up. That is the point after all. I have a poster ready to photocopy and post tomorrow. I might do a larger version as well. Get right on it! Yeah!

Digital Painting was super fun. We mostly played around with sketches in photoshop. Played around with layer blending and brushes and the massive Wacom tablets. Mine is so junior compared to these puppies. I am working on a picture of Miss Clock. It is mostly two color shading with minimal fancy techniques. I'll play with it some more on Thursday. For a late snack, Karen and I split some JoeJoes from Safeway. Mmm, warm potato wedges.

After class, Karen showed me how to print. The two MFA's were in there as well. They were doing this quite massive prints. The one I was doing was very tiny. It worked out FABULOUS! I still need to master the application of smooth color but I will get there. I pulled some quality, single color prints. Go me! We missed the streetcar by a couple minutes so we walked back. Our return home became a musical as we sang our thoughts and feelings and ideas in a lovely, tone deaf manner.

I worked on my campaign poster and my woodblock design. The poster, which is more of a flier, is done. The woodblock is readyish. I feel like it needs something...well I'll find out.

I sent out thank you cards tonight. Well I put them in the box drop so they will go out tomorrow.

No comments: