hi

hi

Friday, January 30, 2009

new 'do

Math was mathy. We had more probability stuff. More things about the birthday problem and adding probability of multiple things within set groups. Or whatever. I would take notes but I've found I loose track of what is being said when I try to write it all down.

Afterwards, Robin and I chilled in the South Studio and worked on our printing projects. A few members of the other class sat at our table and we talked about movies. Japanese movies. Korean movies. I finished my block up and had intention to print it after Digital Tools. I was forgetting something though...

I went to get some lunch and ran into Phil and we chatted about Mad Men. Karen showed up and we decided to go get haircuts! We both had a coupon for Bishop's so we went to the one in The Pearl. It only had one lady in there and Donna did both of our hair. Karen had some of the dead hair cut out but kept the same style. The lady styled it in a wavy way and it was a little too wavy for Karen. It added some volume but I think it was quite a surprise for her. Once she smoothed it out later in the day, it looked really nice. I had some of the poofy lower volume removed but it still has the length. The front layers cut back a little. The stylist flat ironed my hair so it looks different than it normally would. I think it will look good once it has my natural texture. It is nice and hip. Go me!

Karen and I strutted it back to PNCA and grabbed some JoJos. Then we chilled in the computer room and worked on our projects before class. I listened to my Pandora station using my awesome new headphones. They are massive and amazing. I got a few oooohs and ahhhs at them.

The first chunk of time was spent going over our first mini projects. The clock wasn't so good but in general I liked the piece. Next we moved on to a digital version of a painting project that some of us did in Farel's class. We took some screenshots and were repainting the color schemes. Mine, thus far, as really rough and all over the place. They look cool but I'm not sure what he wants from them. Still, when he saw what I was working on he gave some approval. During break I stuffed my face with Macaroni and Cheese. Sooo good. I need to get into the lunch making habit again though. Bagels! Creme Cheese! I need you!

I had neglected to buy paper to print on so I couldn't print after class. I loitered a little bit with Karen while she started work on a letterpress assignment and then I went home.

I have been playing Professor Layton and the Curious Village on Katie's DS. It is a puzzle and riddle game centered around this mysterious village. Some of the riddles are really ridiculously hard. I needed help on about four of them. It was suggested to me by Katie as a source of inspiration for the comic I am about to undertake. I'm not wasting time, I swear!

Karen stopped by for more House. Luna cuddled with her during the episodes. Tomorrow I shall print. I have a lot of stuff that needs to get done early in the weekend.

No comments: