hi

hi

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

taxman

Illustration Studio! Whoo! I'm always excited for my core classes because well, that is what I am here for. The class has a large number of familiar faces (minus, sadly, Bekka and Madeline who are in the Friday class). Dominic, Robin, April, Kevin, Janessa and her boy, Jon W, Chelsey, and Marilyn are all there. The teachers switched and we have Joe instead of Daniela (same Joe that teaches Digital Painting). It looks to be a fun class. He has an awesome background and is very varied and hip and "with it". We started out with doing some doodles and exchanging them and making the doodles into something. Mine became a person recoiling, I thought it worked pretty cool. We were doing this thing while he sorted out the projector. The introduction was similar to the other class but I didn't stutter through mine as much. I mentioned liking Tony Moore and Joe mentioned knowing him. Everyone knows everybody.

We took an early lunch and I grabbed some soup from Yo's. He raised his prices sadly but damn that soup is good and filling. I sat at a table in the library by myself but then Mel and Melissa joined me, and then J (formally known as Jen), and then Madeline. It was a nice lovely feeling to have so many people around me. The early lunch ended short of an hour so I had to head back prematurely.

We did a drawing exercise and talked about the syllabus. We will be doing a steady amount of life drawing homework. Sounds great, I have a good rhythm for that type of thing. The last hour of class was spent pretending the classroom was a coffee shop and drawing one another. It was fun. I have high hopes for this class.

Got all my tax info in. Now to do it. Also got my shiny new license. Yay! No more wielding my passport around.

Finished rewriting my math homework in the proper form. Finished a drawing for some extra project. Wrote out most of the riddles for my comic. It was productive.

The girls came over for a few episodes of House. Robin really doesn't like his character, what with him being a jerk and all. A little House goes a long way. I worked on my work, they worked on theirs, and it was a nice little night.

No comments: