hi

hi

Monday, January 5, 2009

new cat in my life

I finished jPod. Yeah it wasn't that good. Had some silly parts but it was all over the place and none of the characters got really developed and they all talked the same. I don't think I will be buying another Coupland novel. Also the ending was horrible, it was like he couldn't be bothered to think of something better. I guess the weak ending plays to the whole idea behind how he came up with the plot (spoiler: in the book the main character meets Coupland and sells him his identity so Coupland can quickly write the book to make money). I'm going back to Raw Shark Texts. A very heavy and thinky persons book. It brings up such thoughts as, "Unspace draws on the mental power of the sublime." Yeah.

I cleaned at work and then helped put away the new "flow". I put up sweaters and folded shirts and tucked tags and folded more shirts and put up pants and tidied up and helped customers in a daze because I had completely forgotten how to because it has been so long and then I took down and folded the pants I had previously hung up. And so on.

My seasonal employment is out of season as of the 17th of this month. I'm leaving on a good note and I think it is for the better. See how my work load is before I look for new employment.

Watched a lot of QI.

The couple who lives above me had a scary loud thumping fight. After they settled down, Karen and I knocked on their door to see what was up. The guy was really shouting at his girlfriend. I could hear the awful things he said through the ceiling. I think I should have called the cops but the girl who opened the door said it was fine. Cops don't report "fine" you know?

Karen was getting rid of piles of old clothes so I went through them and scored some sweet second hand things. Lots of Gap undershirts, a few dresses, and a few fancier things. She and I hung out for most of the night.

Katie moved in! It is a really small world, two of her helpers were the very same boys that I met at Pre-Thanksgiving. Adam and one of the twins. Small, tiny, ridiculous world! Her boxes moved in right quick. She left and came back with just Gabe as well as her cat and some delicious chicken. I scarfed said poultry. The cat, Luna, investigated its new abode. Seems very soft and friendly. Right now she is napping on my bed. Thus far, me and the roomie seem to be in good spirits with one another. Her friends are the friends of my friends so that is a good sign, right? Yeah.

Now to rest and read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cat sleeping on bed = slow trap to seduce cat to the Trill-side.