hi

hi

Sunday, December 14, 2008

shinky drinks

Egads! I've lost my keys! I had them in my hand when the door lock was jammed and somewhere between then and Cece letting me in, they vanished. I need those!

It snowed! Snowy pretty snow. Jen messaged me, demanding we meet and frolic and enjoy hot chocolate. I can't resist her so we met at Pioneer Place. I walked there and on the way I stopped in at Bike Gallery to check the prices on tubes and tires (ouch). The guy was very helpful. It isn't even ice yet and all of Portland is at 5 miles per hour.

I arrived before Jen. She had her hair cut in the most adorable way. It is all short and demure. We had some warm food and ventured into the cold. It was below freezing but only our legs were really numb. I showed her the shrinky dinks that I have been making and I managed to pick up on her hints (after she told me) to hang out at my place and make some more! We grabbed a cozy max to the Goose.

Most of Portland closed at 4pm today.

A loud knock on my door presented me with a gift! From Karen! It was a Playmobil! A pirate with bows in his beard and lots of cool swords and stuff! Totally wicked! The three of us gathered around my table and made shrinky dinks. I used the scraps to copy images out of magazines. I know some some Malkovich shards that rock. Jen made a beautiful pendant and an image of a lady from my magazine look book. Karen made some little detailed people.

I had the most wonderful dream. I was on the Max and it crashed into the future and I was walking about. The images were so awesome that I am going to make them into my final for Science Friction and I am using the medium of, you guessed it, SHRINKY DINKS! I LOVE THESE THINGS!! I have two images done already and I'll just do as many as I can because they are really fun and end up as great little images.

Due to snow, some of school is cancelled tomorrow. That doesn't affect me unless Tuesday is missing classes as well. I'll be getting the tires and tubes after I return from Washington.

So I'm on track for finals again.

Hung out with Karen and Robin a little tonight. Lots of chilling, maybe a little too much but don't worry about me. I'll get it done.

No comments: