hi

hi

Friday, December 19, 2008

dry ice for the puppets

Science Friction has been called off so I get to sleep in! Yay!

Karen drove me to school for the Puppet Show final. They were still setting up so we went to get dry ice from Fred Meyers. As we exited, huge fat snow flakes fell from the sky. Juicy ones and they were sticking! Karen got stuck in a pot hole and I got out to push (imagine that, me trying to PUSH a CAR hahah). A bum came to help and then two other Portland dudes came to help as well. All four of us made a mighty pair and pushed that sucker out of the ditch.

The puppet show was a little timid but there were some awesome highlights. There was a well constructed muppet. Morgan's audio baby from Babylon was surreal and disturbing. The head pivoted open using a pair of scissors and he cut open the dolls head and stuck in some vampire fangs. So when he talked, he moved open the head and amplified the sound of his voice. It was a wonderful performance. Very disturbing. My play was a little mumbled and lack luster. Oh well, I should have picked better? Eh, it was what it was. Morgan bought us doughnuts.

Karen drove us home after class. The snow was turning to snow. I worked on my Illustration final. I watched the latest Pushing Daisies episode. I packed. I tidied up. Everything is coming together.

The painting critique was fairly painless. Yeah I get it, my handwriting is illegible. Otherwise, it went down well. Nothing was extremely like WOW but there was some nice technique. It was clear that this was not anyones main focus. After that, Farel gave us all individual critiques and he decided to go in reverse alphabet and I went first! He said I have great potential and inspire other people. I need to slow down and really study what I am doing so that it doesn't get sloppy. It was nice. He was reading off of a sheet and seemed really sheepish when he was reciting. So that is done.

Only one final to endure and then I go home.

Finished my final. Packed. Tidied. Hung out with Karen and Adam for a bit. Now to sleeeeeeeeeeep!! See you guys soon!

No comments: