hi

hi

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

my stomach hurts

Another ghastly markdown shift.

At 6:15 am I tumbled out into the weather. I slipped and shuffled along the ice which lay just under the stark white snow. I had neither hat or gloves and the windchill temperature was 5 degrees fahrenheight. The Max was there as I shuffled and I was prepared to wait for another as it scooted away in my narrow miss of it, BUT the nice man behind the controls smiled and waved me aboard. Thank you kind sir! Best wishes to you. My fingers had only begun to unravel when it was time to get off and the trek to the Lloyd was hellish. The parking lot I cross to get to the West Entrance was a barren wasteland of ice and wind. My fingers burned that icy pain and my hooded jacket wouldn't stay up. The feeling took so long to regain, I was so thankful that the mall was open (I'm afraid that one morning the door will be locked).

It took me a little while to warm up but we got right to markdowns once it hit 7am. We did it off the sheets and I thought I was doing well but still, not fast enough. The store simply cannot be done all over by 11am, that's crazy! I was only able to get to the mass of velour when my shift ended at 2:30pm. Paula bought the morning crew hot drinks from Starbucks (I had a tall caramel steamer, like always). During my break, I went to get some tights to go with the dress I am wearing for Kristen's wedding. Picked up some super sale socks as well, some fancy snug gloves that are not fo the worker variety, and a present for someone someone. There were not many customers untill afternoon. Probably due to everything being covered with ice.

Thankfully it was not quite so cold on my return but it still left me pained.

Finished three of the four costumes for my puppet final. Hurrah! One left and to practice the play some more and print it out.

I did an illustration of Grandpa tonight. I never noticed but we sort of have the same eyes...

No comments: