hi

hi

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

a cold wind blows, a pink hat moves

I was going to walk to school with Karen but she decided to sleep in due to reasons of it being too cold. I put on leggings, jeans, socks, boots, long shirt, button up shirt, sweater, jacket, gloves, the bigger gloves, scarf, hat, and finally my coat and off I went with my backpack, tube, and purse. It trudged along 14th, keeping pace with a song and didn't fall at all! I only slid a little.

Figure drawing was on! 8am classes were not cancelled! Hurrah! Due to the small numbers, Morgan treated us to hot chocolate! We drew Anna. I gave her my last drawing of the class (she said she wanted samples of what people have drawn of her). It was a nice little end to the class. Our thought web ended with the idea of Bettie Page as a patron saint of smiling and doing it all in fun. Hmm.

History of Design was a few thesis re-presentations out of nowhere. After lunch we put up our pieces and looked at them for a little bit but none of us really talked about them. It was weird, all that work and no discussion or explanation at all. What? What sort of final was that...

Lunch was hectic. I was frazzled and running about trying to get a big photocopy of my piece for History of Design(thinking she wanted a copy of our work but she didn't) and then got some food from Safeway and had to run about trying to find a fork (Yo gave me one, he rocks). The microwave was taken and I was late returning to class. I don't know how I got so worked up but I did.

Lounged about. In painting class, I finished my final. It is muted and a little easy looking but none the less good. It was a fun, good group. I'll miss them.

The weather is fore casted to be bad and some of the finals may be cancelled. In that event, I would post my work online for the class to see. So the puppet show and science friction may be a no go. I hope not though, I worked hard and had a lot of stress over those pieces. I don't want it to be just some Internet blip.

Took the streetcar home. Cold! No work tomorrow, I get to sleep in. Nice!

No comments: