hi

hi

Friday, August 1, 2008

exchange this!



I went to Buffalo Exchange with two bags of clothes. I have a lot of excess and I know I won't really miss it. There were a couple hipster people with lots of clothes in front of me so I set my stuff down and browsed through the jacket. I saw one that, if I got store credit I was totally going to buy. The people working the sell/trade counter were jabbering over generic "in" clothes. One of the sellers had the most heinous pair of "pants" I have ever seen; they were like an ankle length skirt with the bottom sewn together and two little holes were cut on each side for the feet to poke through. It was some weird piece of leg wear with all the thigh airing out that a skirt provides, but none of the embarrassment from a sudden gust of wind. I kind of wanted to confront her about the pants. Just, uhg.

Anyway, it came my turn and the lady behind the counter rifled through my stuff. She went through one bag really quickly and said there was nothing worth buying in there and went through the other and said the same. She only really looked at the pants and barely batted an overly hipster eye at the shirts. That really annoyed me because the people were combing carefully through all the clothes that "hip" people game them. I guess my boot cut jeans and Hawaiian shirt didn't present enough "cred". The clothes I brought in were pronounced way out of fashion and I could either have them back or they would put them in the "donate to charity" bin. I was going to take what didn't sell to Goodwill anyway, and charity is a better option so I went with that.

Two bags, not a single buck made from the lot of it. But they weren't my real clothes, the stuff I do wear I wouldn't sell because, well 1) I wear it and 2) it is too good for the likes of them.

But that experience irked me for the rest of the day. Those pants! No money! Fashionable people who are just all the same!

Only Deadwood, Strangers with Candy, and Project Runway could cure what ailed me. And an egg salad sandwich. And a kitten. And Lindsay and I painting our knees to look like bumblebees because Lindsay's friend Kurt is having knee surgery and we sent him a picture with the tag line "we think your knees are the bees." Yeah, the bees were fun.

I'm up late drawing. DRAWING! It's a miracle!

Holly Update:



Holly looks sort of like a Holly to me, but she also looks like a Powers Boothe. If she were my kitty, I'd probably have named her that. Holly Golightly is also good, but with her feisty demeanour and urge to rampage Ibanez's room, a heavier nickname is also in order. Little PB, Boothey Poo, the Powers that be.



With help from Lindsay, the medicine is getting into her a lot easier. She and Ibanez and getting to be closer and closer. I think they were within 6 inches of each other with no hissing or swearing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It would be interesting to go back and see if your 'donated' clothes are on the for sale rack.

JS