hi

hi

Monday, May 26, 2008

folklife festival

Long long day. Went really quick. A good portion of it was spent in a car. Now I need sleep again.

The clock in my room is permanently set on 9 so when I woke up I thought I had many hours to rest (we planned to meet Nathan and Rubie at noon). Turns out it was about 11:30. Errr.

We got to Tacoma around 1:50ish. Met up with Nathan. Hugged Rubie. And then we all hopped in the Prius and went to the Folklife Festival in Seattle.

We opted for the parking at the Center instead of driving around for cheaper parking. Some loud cliche American guy was wondering about not paying because it looked like people hadn't. We payed.

The Seattle Center was crowded with lots of the usual Washington folk. Mom said a few were smelly but I didn't notice. There were a few hula hoopers but Lindsay can do much better.

We hit up the food stands. Chicken skewers, chocolate covered strawberries patina, and bananas, hot dogs, and a HUGE MOUND of curly fries. Just huge. The line for the fries was split up between people paying and people receiving. Some were not aware which line was which and ended up going to the other one after waiting for a while. Teach them to get all snooty about where I stand in line.

There was an amazing acoustic guitarist at one stage. Crazy good. We sat in on some Gospel singers as well. Folk isn't really my thing. We were mostly there for Averie.

On the way to seeing my cousin perform we ran into Jeanette and Liam. She looks adorable and he is growing so fast. We went as a group to the center where the Irish Dancers were performing. They had door people being very careful about the numbers of people let in and out so we had to wait for a few to exit before we could get in. Ran into Uncle Dan there and Auntie Brynne on the other side of the seats. Mom, Nate and Rubie sat down in the back and Brynne and I vultured our way forward and managed to get second row seats.

The first group were traditional Irish dancers in fancy costumes and standard dancing. Averies troop had more choreography and more people. She is so talented and strong. Wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley, I'll tell you what. Takes great posture to keep so level through that dancing. Kudos!

We all gathered after to wait to bestow hugs upon Averie. Liam ran around in circles dancing and all that. We had eaten so much so after Averie came out we left. Everyone else went out to dinner after. I'll see everyone again. I'm here for a while.

Napped on the way back. Long long drive. Mom told a joke that she told me not to repeat here.

Ate some TV dinner and twix. Fixed the problem my Torrent downloader was having (sort of). Now, I don't know. Sleep? I'm really tired. Yeah.

No comments: