hi

hi

Monday, May 26, 2008

Basil still loves me

Welp. I'm home now. Sort of in the same state as I left it. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Very dreary morning. Such a labor to get out of bed. Ibanez was extra loving as well. Probably could tell I was going to horribly ditch him for a few weeks.

Finished packing the little tidbits like a toothbrush and snacks and my computer. Left earlier than planned, just to leave extra time just in case. The max was fairly clear of the usual creepy and smelly vagrants. It was to my dismay that it was raining viciously when I got off in Old Town. I was drenched and miserable when I got to the station (the walk seemed to take twice as long as it usually does). Purchased my ticket no problem and checked my suitcase and my portfolio. Sat down to wait. I bought a hot dog and a chocolate milk because I didn't have much in the way of a breakfast before leaving.

Took a nap for the first half of the train ride. Read The Exterminators for the rest of it. Amazing work. Just love it and now it is getting to the meaty part of the story. The build up has come and gone and now it is man versus ancient Mayan bug!

Mom was there waiting for me in Tacoma. We hugged. Got my stuff. Went home.

We stopped by Barnes & Noble to pick up some travel guides for Amsterdam and Brussels. I really hope I make it there this summer. The guides have got me so excited. Want to see all the Herge and comic stuff in Brussels (as well as Art Nouveau and the architecture). Just wow.

Holly tried to climb on me when we were laying in the lawn chairs. Basil purred and was very happy to see me. She doesn't hate me at all for going away.

We just vegged out for the rest of the day. Watched some QI with the ma. Tomorrow we are going to Seattle to the Folklife festival. Will see Averie, Rubie, Nathan and a few others. Whoo!

No comments: