hi

hi

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

my day as a model

Whoooeee I feel like crap. I have a tickle in my throat and a bad consistent cough. Almost got to the point of thinking about not going to class today. But I still went. I just felt horrid. Bad night's sleep.

Modou noticed that I looked like crap. I guess that was nice? He asked if I was well or sumfink. He was in a very good mood. We looked over our drawings briefly and talked about what our pieces are going to be. Then it was time to either work on our concepts or draw each other if we missed class. I volunteered to pose as I didn't have good paper to draw on. I whipped out my yoga skills in a series of about six five-minute poses. They were awesome ones as well. Lots of fun things. I liked the attention, I must admit. Lindsay and I posed together and then she did a couple more while I relaxed and drew her. Then it was time for break!

For the rest of class we has a special speaker come in, a one Samantha Wall. She showed us slides of her work and talked about it. One of her pieces is in the library and it is HUGE! The scale she works in just boggles my mind.

Rode home in a sickly delirium. Took a nice nap with Ibanez. Very nice. Had some pasta for lunch. Felt a little bit better but still generally bad. Bleh.

During class I started painting the portrait of Robin. I'm surprised at how seemingly easy it was to paint. I started with the photo references and then I came up with what I knew was there and it blended wonderfully. Her face needs some work but it is coming together nicely. Go me!

A much easier ride home the second time around. Sort of sat about in a daze and watched more Naked. Yeah I'm still not so keen on that movie. So many intolerable or pitiful characters.

Earlier, impressed by my skills, Karen asked me to pose for her later tonight and so I obliged. I just wore a tank and a pair of leggings. It wasn't that kind of modeling. Did some more poses, and some longer ones. Wore my heeled shoes and my yukata and had a good time. I used up a lot of my creative ones during class so I had to think some more. The results were wonderful, and they look like me! Go Karen!

Then we watched the light show.

No comments: