hi

hi

Sunday, April 13, 2008

can't be cooped on a day like this

I've spent most of this weekend out and about. Or hanging out. Or being Yogafied. Been away from the Internet, but now I'm back! Whoo!

Yesterday:
I had a great and much needed sleep in. I rolled out of bed around noon and was greeted by an amazing day. I had committed myself to printing so I got all geared up and went to get my paper by Art Media. I only made it to the top of the hill before I had to remove my light sweater and continue on. It was really really hot. I was in a tank and short pants and I was still overheating a little.

I got my paper and went to school. The lab was closing at 5 due to a big gala at school. I knew I wouldn't be able to get my printing done so I just worked on my plates instead. Mel called me with an update on a video project I was helping her out with. So yeah, I only worked at school until 3:00 and then I was out of there! But I got a lot done. I sugarlifted and hardgrounded my big foot and I did a first etch on both of the other plates. They look a little funky so I have to see how they print.

The ride home was spectacular. My arms are so pasty.

I loafed around until it was time for my part in the video project. Mel, Jim and I went up to Karen's to use her nook for our scene. I only had one line (Jim is the star). We had about three or four takes and that was it. I hung around my place for a few and then Jim came over when he was done helping them with the project.

We sat about and talked about comics and the like. We went for a walk up to the park and the overlook bridge. Lots more comic nerd talk and school talk. I cooked up some dinner and afterwards we took part in the face-melting experience that is Lindsay's light show. Now that there is more on it and black light and a red colored light...oh wow. It boggled my mind and I got so caught up with it. Afterwards I had a good lay down.

Today:
Didn't sleep so well but I have tomorrow to sleep in. And it is needed. Probably going to retire early and just sit up in bed reading comics for an hour. From Hell is still slow going. It will always be slow going.

I walked around Portland with Karen and Robin today. Not as beautiful as Yesterday but still lovely. Karen was taking pictures for an assignment and I was just there to be out of the house and whatnot. We went to a bakery for lunch. My sandwich needed to be toasted but it was still good. Lots of roaming. I got some cheesecake brownie ice cream from Ben & Jerry's. We looked at Portlandia. Then we returned home.

I kicked up my feet for all of ten minutes before going down a floor to draw Robin (for my final). I am very pleased with how she turned out. We took a short break where I read more of Mark Millar's Kick Ass (ridiculous comic) and then we went to Yoga! We walked all the way to school, which isn't really that far but I had done a few miles worth of walking earlier so I was fairly tired. Tricia showed up almost late for Yoga and we had a quick little private lesson. A little shorter than usual but damn I am feeling it anyway.

We picked up a burrito from Cha Cha Cha to share and went back to Goose Hollow. The burrito was delicious and very filling. I am oh so stuffed and sore and tired. But I feel good. The time for finals is upon me and I am ready for it.

No comments: