hi

hi

Saturday, April 19, 2008

the beauty of paper

Hoo boy did I sleep in. It was nice. My voice is doing a lot better. Still strained but I can talk without it going out or having to change the tone.

Walked down to Art Media to get some paper and a new brush. On the way their I saw an amazing coat in Goodwill. I stopped in my tracks when I saw it. It was cheap and it fit when I put it on. So I got it. Damn you window display! I would have walked right past without you there. As I was ringing it up, the lady behind the counter noticed a shop lifter and had to go into pursuit.

So yeah, after that I went to Art Media. Got a lovely new round brush, a beautiful piece of Arches paper, and a block of 6x9 paper for my final comic.

The potential a blank piece of paper has is so amazing. Anything could come out of it.

So I did a few layers of wash on it. Still needs some work. Just going for abstract I guess. I'm having fun. Started thumb nailing my comic as well. It is going fairly well. Excited to start. I'm staring with Chiaki's introduction. If I get that done, I may do more, but that is my goal.

Not so bad, but not so great. Tomorrow will be work filled.

Ibanez got a new toy. Right now he is sprawled on my lap, except I have my knees tucked up so he is laying across my legs (which are at about a 60 degree angle) with his head on my knees. He is sort of sandwiched it. Very cute.

I read about two "edgy" artists today. One of them, Aliza Shvarts, is staging a hoax performance out of Yale. She says she has had several abortions for art and blah blah blah. But she doesn't have documentation and expects us to believe her. Pfft.

Another guy, Guillermo Vargas, took a stray dog out of the streets and tied it up in a gallery to starve to death. He said it would have died anyway and it represented how people just watch things like that happen every day and do nothing. That makes sense to me(the people standing by part, not the killing animals for art part). People don't stop and ask if a homeless man is alright, they just walk right by. And if the people were really outraged they would have shut down the show and tried to save the dog as it was happening. They just let it die and then later said how horrible it was. He is trying to do it again and now people are trying to stop it from happening all together. Really to make a point they should let him start it and then save the animal. Because then he would be proved wrong; people do care when such atrocities are going on in front of their eyes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would have fed the dog...

And then kicked Gulliermo in the nuts.