hi

hi

Friday, April 4, 2008

alarming

The fire alarm went off at 2:30am. I had to shove Ibanez in his carrying case and go outside in my jammies. I didn't get back into bed until about 3:00am. My alarm goes off at 6:30am. How I managed to get up, get to school, and stay awake through it all is beyond me.

Oh yeah. Green tea. Such a blessing. Just enough kick to keep me up but not addicted.

Well my first tea of the day was this Pomegranate White Tea. Tasty stuff. I love fruity teas. I barely nodded off once. The outside noise kept me alert as well. In between the people in between the walls sawing wood and the car alarm, it is really hard to find time for a few winks.

Matt Kindt's Super Spy is a pretty groovy graphic novel. I love the non-sequential narrative and how all the characters keep popping up in the background. I like stories that express the importance of all the otherwise anonymous individuals. It was put together really well. All the shorts fit together into a cohesive plot quite well. Not so fond of the artwork.

Work went quick. The MFA's did a heinous thing in one of the toilets that required some courage out of me to clean up. And here I praised how nice and good they were. Not any more! Jerks. The bathrooms all were pretty filthy so the intensive cleaning I do on them normally really showed this week. I drank another thing of tea for lunch, this was the green tea with raspberry. It was cold tea, and oh so tasty.

I finished Super Spy (we are talking about it over two parts of class) during my break and doodled a little on a scrap piece of paper.

We have to do a comic for our final in my class. I am going to graphic novelize a section from Ryu Murakami's Piercing. I like some of his other work more, that one is just more fresh in my memory and I have ideas for how to present it already. I don't have time to come up with my own story.

I picked up my paycheck after work. My largest one ever! Yay! But my largest paycheck from PNCA is still one-third the size of my paychecks from Olympic College. But money is money. Now I can go buy more Scott Pilgrim. And groceries.

I managed to stay awake for a few hours upon returning home but at around 6:30 I decided to nap. Ibanez stopped by a couple times to cuddle. I rolled out of bed to eat dinner and watch some TV on my computer. I'm going to return to bed in a few.

Tomorrow I shall etch my stone. That is my main goal.

No comments: