hi

hi

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

cheese, hair, and Colbert


Well today was a big nothing, class wise. But some cool things did happen!

About six people showed up for class. It was pretty much decided on general consensus that it would be a "do whatever you want" day. I decided on what image to photoshop. And then I showed Karen and Vanessa the David Lynch: Problem Solver videos on youtube. Then Karen, Lindsay and I walked home. Well I rode very slowly on my bike along side them.

I ate some oatmeal. Then some rice. Then some tea. Then some juice. I checked the mail like four times and it wasn't until Lindsay texted me a prank about my package being at school that the word finally came through that my order had come in! About a week ago, Threadless was having a super shirt sale. I am not very much into their stuff but I thought I would check it out and see if anything sparked my interest. Only one shirt did and it was so totally me. I ordered the (on sale)long sleeve right away and have been waiting for it to arrive. And it finally did! It fits wonderfully, it looks great, and I am so happy with it!

I was so happy to go to school and show it off to all my school chums. I left early to print out some references for painting class. I received a call informing me that Annie was sick and class was cancelled so I didn't have to come to school (too bad I was already there). I printed out my things, called up Karen, and we met out front of the school. She and Diana both agreed that my shirt was totally me. I love my yes-women.

I wanted to pick up a zine from Powell's about Steampunk (zines being independently published magazines about specific subjects, typically on cheap paper and on sale for cheap). I got the last copy and sat around waiting for Diana and Karen, who took the streetcar, to catch up with me. Turns out they were in Anthropologie.

Today was absolutely beautiful. Sunny and not too chilly. It was marvelous to walk around Portland today. We went to the Portland Art Museum gift shop and looked at art books. I was feeling peckish but when I suggested going to eat that was when it was realised that work had to be done and it was time to go home. Diana parted from us on 14th and I parted from Karen on the 3rd floor. I reaaaaallly wanted a cheese steak sandwich and I figured that I might as well learn to make them, seeing as how I love them and all that. So I pulled up a recipe and went to Safeway.

Meat and cheese costs more than it should. Damn you delicious tasty goodness!

The sandwich was amazingly easy to make. Actually, it scared me how simple and quick it was. And it barely used any ingredients. I have enough left to make two to three more. The meat and onions were cut a little thick but boy was it tasty! Mmm mmmMMMM!! The fancy mayonnaise from Whole Foods is scrumptious (it has omega stuff in it). It was tasty and filling and juicy and messy. Mmm. I am so proud at my skills. Go me!

Later on I went to hang out with Michael for a bit. Just about an hour and a half or so. Nice, clear night for biking to and from his place. We walked around the 23rd area and then returned to his place and ate some of Stephen Colbert's ice cream. Fun little evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ibanez wants your sandwich.

Anonymous said...

Is that a Trilly cheese steak sandwich?