hi

hi

Sunday, March 30, 2008

these pants are all I ever wanted

Me and my girls went over to the East Side today. And by my girls I mean Karen, Diana, and Robin.

Karen drove us(at this time it was only her, Diana and myself) over to the East Side and dropped off her car at Jiffy Lube. We meandered down east Broadway and popped into a bead store. Lots of pretty colors but I don't know what to do with them. Might learn some day because I had some ideas for jewelry based after what I saw. But I don't wear jewelry, at least nothing beyond the pieces that have meaning to me and I wear every day (the rings, watch and necklace). I could always make it for other people... But I am getting ahead of myself.

We met up with Robin outside Peet's Coffee and then we went with sushi for lunch. The place was decently priced and we finished all that we ordered. The sushi just wasn't anything spectacular. It was a little bland and the pot stickers paled in comparison to my own. Karen enjoyed the sauce. Diana laughed whole heartily. Robin ordered eel.

Afterwards we hit up the first Goodwill of the day. I was really surprised at how much the Portland Goodwill's charge. Easily two to three bucks more than Silverdale and Bremerton. Sure its just a couple of dollars but Goodwill isn't a place when you have to debate buying clothes. It is a cheap way to get funky pieces that you don't have to worry about wearing that much. There are some things I would have bought but I had to pass because $10 for a dress at Goodwill is outrageous! We had a lovely time trying on clothes and getting and giving opinions. Diana acquired a cabinet and a few tops and dresses. Karen bought some shoes and a few tops. I got high-heeled calve height boots that fit really well (and were half off), a pair of bright red imitation snake skin pants (also very cheap, hence why I bought what amounts to a pair of novelty pants), and some extremely comfy brown knee length shorts (I am wearing them right now, they are great).

We returned to pick up Karen's car and then we crossed the river to the second Goodwill. They had slightly better prices but even worse selection. Still I found a nice gray sweater with the zipper placed askew and Karen pointed out a fun patterned dress that fit perfectly in all the places (don't have to take it in anywhere, a rarity for a dress). Diana picked up some frames that she will convert into bulletin boards and Karen found some things that I didn't get a chance to see on her but I am sure they are fabulous. That dress is so cute, and it is fairly thick so I can start wearing it now (with a hoodie and leggings of course).

Robin didn't find anything but she was wearing a cute new top. She didn't have to find any new fabulous thing.

After the second Goodwill we dropped Diana off at her home. We also helped her haul up her findings of the day. We hugged goodbye and the Goose Hollow girls went home.

We sat and chatted about the Sunday comics with Karen for a while and then she kicked us out so she could go to work. I showed off my days work to Lindsay (whose light show piece is looking bloody brilliant now, I can feel my face melt just thinking about it). She got a good grin out of the red pants, which is exactly my intention behind them.

Put on my new sweater and short pants and went to Robin's and hung out for a little bit. I drew, we looked at Youtube, she applied acrylic medium, and we were generally awesome. She and Diana were getting together to watch Sense and Sensibility, and as that isn't really my thing I be adieu to her.

Ate some salad and pasta. Watched some Life on Mars.

School starts tomorrow.

No comments: