hi

hi

Thursday, April 3, 2008

to the victors go the ice cream

Did some drawing tonight. Had to catch up on certain things I should have done a week or so ago. Not school related, other related. Can't mention it here though. I will later, just not now. I'M MYSTERIOUS!

I also had another cheese steak sandwich for dinner(or as someone called it, a Trilly Cheese Steak Sandwich. Har har.)

So I had printmaking today. I came in and only a handful of my classmates were there. I started in on the tusche for my stone. Rachel and Aaron were at my table in the back. Tusche was slower going than I thought. Took a lot of time to build up the layers.

Later on I noticed that only the people at my table were actually there, everyone else had left for whatever reason (Yoshi and the assistant, Maymie (?) were there). Rachel didn't return after lunch and Aaron left early. I was left all alone to tusche. Everyone else became a victim of the amazingly beautiful and sunny weather. They went to enjoy it while I sat and diligently did my work. But that actually worked out really well because Yoshi came back from lunch with mint chocolate chip Ben & Jerry's ice cream! He is so totally awesome. The three of us sat about and ate the pint and talked about assorted what-nots.

I fear my piece is a little dark. I can't go back or go over it. I'll look at it again tomorrow. I love the way the tusche dries. I hope the etching and printing process works out because I would love to return to this technique in the future.

So yeah, five hours of work and I'm still no where near the actually time consuming part.

I did get to enjoy a modicum of the sun. I sat by the Jamison Square Fountain and read my textbook and then I went inside and read more of my text and nibbled on sunflower seeds. Chatted with Robin and Michael for a bit and then it was time for yoga!

This time it wasn't as stressful. I even touched my palms to the floor! My back is getting so bendy and awesome. Mia and Heather joined us for class. It is getting nice and full while the Monday session is still fairly vacant. In general I'm feeling better and better about how in shape I am. As in, I am actually getting in shape. Whodathunkit: Trillian in shape. Never in a million years.

Made myself a sandwich. Did the immense pile of dishes. Then I drew! Tomorrow is a lecture and hopefully painting.

No comments: