hi

hi

Sunday, April 6, 2008

what a piece of work

I thought the first etch would take a long time to do. Turns out it only took me about 15 minutes. It is the other etch's that are much more time consuming. I over rubbed mine, or I did it too hard, and it became a little washed out. Actually, I thought some parts were too dark so I don't mind that that happened. I just wish I had more control and it was intentional that I did it that way. Oh well.

Got that done, I am way on top of things! Printmaking wise.

Since I got my paycheck I went to my local comic shop. I was only able to but Scott Pilgrim volume 4 and that was just because I had only my purse to fit it in. There was a new issue of The Boys out but I didn't want it to get wet (no larger bag to put it in). I am so going on Tuesday (or tomorrow...) to get it. Apparently Edgar Wright(Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, Spaced) is in line to direct the Scott Pilgrim movie. The series isn't even done yet. He is a great director and I think he would fit nicely with the comic. The more I think about it, the more I realize just how great a comic it is. Go Bryan Lee O'Malley! You rock.

It was raining so I spent the rest of the day inside. Cleaned up. Snuggled with Ibanez. I took it easy because I didn't get a nice full sleep. Hopefully tonight I will. None of that waking up at 5am then 8:30, then 10:02 crap I've been having. OR FIRE ALARMS. Bah.

I picked up a package from Fedex for Karen. I've been her little helper on several occasions now.

Jim came over and hung out for a few hours. He uploaded his finished graphic novel onto my computer for my free reading enjoyment. It is around 150 pages I think, it was a big file. It has taken him five years to complete. Go Jim! But yeah, we hung about and looked at some stuff on youtube. I made us cheese steak sandwiches. He said they were quite tasty.

Nice to have some company. Lindsay has been out and about with her friends since Thursday afternoon (she has only been home once since then, and I didn't see her when she was).

My main Sunday goal is painting and emailing. Now that I have written it, I must follow through.

No comments: