hi

hi

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

task master (I wish)

Whoo! I am back on task!

I have a good restart on my sequential painting. I just emailed Daniel about the comic jam and anthology. I did half of my experiments in drawing assignments (I didn't quite know what was assigned for the other half, I'm not too worried). I have some ideas about my rewrite, but that isn't on the deadline yet. Yup. Still frustrated but getting less so. Now that I have my list. Always have to have that list.

Art history actually filled a class with great theory and interesting concepts. Libby got into a great monologue about her quest for the sublime. We looked at The Death of Marat. So powerful. Amazing to think the portrait was based after post-mortem etchings David did. MMmn.

Yoga had a couple new faces. It was unusually stressful on my shoulders today. Normally I don't have as much pain there but today it was hard to stand. I'm also really tense. Yoga is much needed!

I met with Martin French, my developmental advising dude, after class today. I think he likes me. My opinions on Modou were not totally one sided. I know what I need to work on and asked mainly how to seek them instead of deny or wait for him to point it out. He said that I have the potential to be a really great painter. It was a nice little meeting. And because I met with him on Monday, the first day and when he was all open, I got a special prize! A micron pen! Whooo!!

After my meeting I did the photoshop assignment for Modou. Didn't take that long. It also doesn't look much like a pencil drawing. Ehh. Yeah. That class is that class. It is what it is.

The nice weather is all gone so now I'm not over burdened by my sweaters and coats. I love my new bike route. So much more scenic. Much better view.

Hung out with Karen, Robin, and Jen tonight. We watching The City of Lost Children in the background (I have forgotten so much of that movie). It weirded them out a little. Then again, it is a movie that if you look away for 10 minutes and look back you are normally faced with some weird happening on screen. What can I say, it's French. I sketched and started painting my sequential. The lighting looks a lot better. The more dramatic, the easier it is.

Now I sleep a little easier. A little less stressed.

No comments: