hi

hi

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I drink [my] milkshake

Yoga was cancelled today! Nooo! I'm all tense and stiff, I need the bending! So instead of getting bent I made my comic run. Got the new issue of The Boys(awesome) and Doktor Sleepless(need to get caught up). Daniel and his beard were in the shop as well so we chatted about comics. He suggested some and said he would loan them to me so I didn't have to buy them. What a swell guy. One of the indie comics, The Clouds Above by Jordan Crane(actually it is a children's book), caught my eye when Daniel pointed it out. It has such beautiful artwork and color (Crane is a printmaker, or so they say) that I picked it up on the spot.

I didn't etch or print in Printmaking. I mostly viewed another long long demo and worked on correcting my plates. I added hard ground to one, aquatint and hard ground to another, and smoothed down the bigfoot one. Now it will have a shadow of the old image when I redo it. Actually I think the leave have potential to be quite cool and airy.

I gave a little speech on Gerald Scarfe. It wasn't the best. I should have practiced more. Passed around my tome of an art book.

Comic club was more pizza and more jamming. Not as awesome as the last jam but still quite fun. We finally got paper for our own utilization. Now we just need to compile the comics into a zine.

Hung around school looking at places and contacting a few people about them. I need to bike around North Portland a bit to see how far I can go and what is an actual reasonable distance. I have no sense of biking time and space when it comes to other areas. I should learn. If the weather is nice on Saturday I might go out.

I came home, did my laundry, got some groceries, made a milkshake, had dinner, read some comics, and generally relaxed. Miss my yoga. She offered a makeup on Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celulite, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://eliminando-a-celulite.blogspot.com. A hug.