hi

hi

Friday, April 11, 2008

don't forget to blog

Two hundred and fifty blog posts in this thing now. This one is going to be a shorty, probably.

Took me forever to go through Piercing and figure out what parts I want to do. I have it now. For sure. Yes.

Experiments in Drawing was super fun today. We had a model(Flora) and we were allowed to draw her with whatever medium and in whatever way we wanted. The goal is to do a large drawing made up of parts of our figure studies. The goal was to be experimental with how we portrayed her. I tried different line width, weight, and values. I worked mainly with blue ink washes (the last one was sharpie) and the quick lines really spoke to me. It was a great class period, I hope we do more of the same. I was doubly amazed at my skills today.

I went home and watch Artemisia. What an amazing woman, not that amazing of a movie. Sure it was powerful but I don't think it did justice to the detail of some of her work.

Also I emailed and called my way part way through the list of apartment buildings. Left my number on the machines at most of them. I have a viewing tomorrow, and a maybe that I need to figure out my move out date. I really want to stick to the West side. Craigslist is mostly East side places. It comes down to living with someone in a house across the river versus a studio on this side.

Painting was the first class period to work on our finals. I finished up the portrait of Llyw. It looks great. The invented color works nicely, he has a real mass in relation to the wall, there are dark darks and light lights. I am really pleased with this portrait. Only a couple more to go now!

Went home and chilled. Called a few more places. Ate some food. Stressed. Went through Piercing trying to figure out what to adapt. Called mom. Stressed some more after that. Wrote up my proposal for class. Tomorrow Nicole is having a house warming party. That'll be fun.

No comments: