hi

hi

Thursday, March 20, 2008

speedy art removal, at your service

My thighs ache so much. Yoga and the double bike ride ended up being not such a great combination. It was also pouring rain on my second return so my pants got nice and soaked. It was blue skies when I road to school so I didn't think to bring my rain pants. Silly silly me.

But I am amazingly on top of things! I got my letter in, and it is on display now along with about six others. Some are amazing and some are...decent. I have my readers response done for comic lit class. And then I just had a long chat with Lindsay and now it looks like I will be in bed an hour later than I intended. But it isn't 2am so that is great.

My critique went well. It was more about me showing my process that got to my final product than just the final thing. They liked my explanation and I think I delivered it well and convincingly. It was a really mild and even critique, it wasn't negative or positive. I think people just got a better idea of my thoughts and how I work. Maybe. I had some technical difficulty with my presentation but I got it working. I had to speed it up near the end but I think people liked it. Modou cut Lindsay off in her presentation. I don't know why, very peculiar.

Rode home and arrived nice and dry. Finished up season three of Project Runway. Gobbled some food. Cuddled Ibanez. Left early and wrote up my proposal for my painting final. Another critique day. Jason's portrait or yours truly was widely admired (as was his self portrait). Annie said I looked a bit stalker-esque, and someone else said I resemble an evil genius. People dig me, I guess.

The critique enlisted much help from the classmates in removing and putting up the pieces. When people put tacks around the pieces to hold them up, it made it very easy to bend them ever so slightly and remove them. I amazed people with my mad art removing skills.

Raining raining raining as I went home. More Project Runway. Read the rest of The Walking Dead. Wrote it up. Put it on my drive. Now all I have to do is turn it in and then I am free for 10 days!

No comments: