hi

hi

Thursday, March 20, 2008

U, G, and the devil makes three

Uh oh. I'm up late. This doesn't bode well for tomorrow! Another helping of all class critique (actually, the one for Modou will only be about four people but I'm up so it should be...an experience).

Karen lured me up at around 9 to work on our letters together. We both finished ours up and they look really amazing. Hers is such an illustrator work and mine is uhm. I dunno, an interesting composition and play with light? Yeah but ours look cool. I hope when we put them up that ours are not the only two that go beyond a unique typeface(I saw Carlos' C and it was pretty much a geometric C with some line work). I finished mine before hers so I read The Walking Dead for my class. It starts the same as 28 Days Later and has a great deal of cliche within it. However, I like where it is going and might buy more (when I get around to depositing my paycheck).

Robin and Kristen (Kirsten, shoot I forgot again) were also in our company today and we laughed it up and teased each other and produced work and critiqued it. I am going to do portraits for my painting final project, I think I have enough interest that I won't be short on models (I'll bribe them with food). Robin worked on her beautiful book and K. worked on her math homework.

Yoga is getting much more difficult for me to do. Which doesn't make sense as I have been doing it more and more. I can't lock my legs in straight (I probably shouldn't consider it locking either) and I have poor balance. I can back bend like nobodies business though. Hmmn. I'll have a chat with Tricia one of these classes.

I folded some more cranes and talked about stuff with Chelsey while waiting for yoga to begin.

In my printing class, if people seem to feel they can get away with leaving early they do. I was there for the full class and I think I might be the only person with the design on their stone right now. That is good though, I can get my prints off early and go to work on my plates once again. From 11 to 12:30 and 2 to 3:30, it was all Intaglio demonstration and lecture. Such a complicated process but it is worth it for how much prints you can do. I'm excited to start work on mine. I have a clear idea for how I want to take it. Intaglio has such cute words for the chemicals and materials it uses. Pymtim, touche (tOOsh), uhm. There are others and maybe it isn't pymtim but yeah. It is complicated but if it works out I might return to it, if possible.

During lunch was the most awesome official lunchtime in the commons Comic Club presents an open for all Comic Jam. It went better than I expected. We had a crowd, we had new people, we had seasoned pros, we had pizza, we had a large number of jams produced and a fair number of them were magnificent! Such a good group. There were Vietnam flashbacks, killer bunnies, more bunnies, sandworms and the cowboys who rode them, dreams, and time travelling spectacles.

It was a long day but oh so good. Tomorrow I have some reading and writing to do but I am done on the required art front! Well, the immediately due art front. Huzzah! I might have some visitors during Spring Break. Some of the family sort and some of the friend sort. I'm not coming home. I need to unwind here.

No comments: