hi

hi

Monday, March 10, 2008

feeling Crumby

My stomach doesn't feel too good. I don't feel too good all around actually. It isn't a sick sort of feeling. Just sort of...exhaustion. And it is only Monday.

Art History was very interesting. I didn't know that grisly painting of Judith slicing off Holofernes' head was painted by a woman! I love that painting. We are into the Baroque. Some of the paintings offended my eyes with how garish they were. But I guess that was the point. I received a 84 1/2% on my test. If it wasn't for me totally bombing one of the vocabulary words(manera greca) I would have had a high 90 percentile. But I'm okay with what I got, I did fab on the essay and only flubbed a few dates and names (mixed up one of the Ninja Turtles).

Melanie, the yoga teacher from last semester, was hired on to do Monday lunchtime yoga so Diana and I took part. I'm all yogafied! The teacher even pointed to me as an example of how to do a pose. Unfortunately the pose was happy baby and I did not want people...looking at me in that pose. Yeah. It was fun.

I checked out the Terry Zwigoff film Crumb to view (I actually wanted the movie Artemisia but they didn't seem to have it). That man is so screwed up. I found it interesting how he said that only white liberals called him racist. Hmmn. Didn't hold my interest too well but it did give a great insight to him and where he is coming from. Poor R. Crumb.

Chatted a bit with Andy, Michael and Jim in the library. Andy was not aware of the Seattle trip and was a little bummed about missing out on the Crumb exhibit. He also remarked about how nice we all were dressed. Must say he had a point. Michael had a nice button up with a classy zip up sweater of sorts, Jim had a blazer, I had my vintage green skirt with leather shoes and nice black top. We were a nice trio, but Tall Andy looked good in his own regards.

I folded some cranes with Diana in the commons and then rode home. Passed Lindsay and Sully on the way back. I just kicked back and watched Crumb. Went shopping. And felt worser and worser.

Less than two weeks till break. Then I have a solid two months of work left. I'm only half way done? Crap.

No comments: