hi

hi

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

comrade from Japan

Awesome, random, and way way cool thing happened today.

I was lazing about on my break and I noticed on Facebook that Jonathan, who I went to Japan with in 2005 and haven't seen and barely talked to since we parted ways in Los Angeles(but we kept tabs on each other via things like Facebook), had a note saying he was being given the stare by a homeless man in Portland. I quickly texted him which Portland and he replied Oregon. I texted where he was and he said Pioneer Place Mall. I said I was 10 blocks away and asked if he wanted to hang out. He said sure so I rode quickly down and found him in the Apple store. We talked and caught up as we made our way to school. He even sat in for an hour in my painting class. He didn't want to be painted and opted to hover over my piece as I started it. He was meeting up with a friend so he left. But wow, what a small odd little happening? Suddenly here he is in Portland. I think we didn't get along that well but any disputes were forgotten when faced with the chance to meet up with someone from such a distinct time in the past. He is around till Saturday so I hope we can have a real sit down and catch up. Just wild.

Feeling energized today despite lack of sleep. The presentations went really well. Some people had great little slide shows (especially the ones from Germany). Modou had a meeting so we were just left to present to one another. Karen's defiance of his assignment went by unheeded. I folded some cranes during it all and then we got out early. Checked out some awesome books on advertisements from the 20's and 70's and pedaled home. I wore my leather shoes again, couples with baggy pants and a thick almost lacey but not lacey, I don't know the term for it, top over a black thermal piece. I looked quite hip and put together. Relaxed and made some cookies and only overcooked half of them! Played some Scrabble on Facebook.

In painting class we are doing portraits. I am sitting next class. During this one I painted Jason. I need to work on it more from memory because it looks disturbing unfinished (its the eyes mostly). He really liked it and asked if we could trade when he paints me. Jon seemed impressed (he had no idea I was even going to art school, let alone living in Portland). It was a fun class. Just chatting up each other and drawing. I'm getting better at working faster.

Madison ate an entire apple during break. Core, seeds, everything. Well not the stem. I didn't know you could do that (Nathan asks if it was performance art).

More relaxing at home. Very little homework to be done nowadays. Played some more scrabble, ate some cookies and other very healthy dinner items.

But jeeze, meeting up with Jon. What a funny little occurrence.

No comments: