hi

hi

Monday, February 4, 2008

our culture, our bearskin rug


I made a bearskin rug tonight. It represents our(Lindsay's and mine) culture. Well, really it is a sheet of left over butcher paper cut(by Lindsay) into a bear shape and sharpied partially by her but mostly by me to look like fur. Actually, it is pretty damn fantastic looking. I am going to bring it into class tomorrow. I hope I don't chicken out and don't show it.

Art History is fantastic at 11:00 am. I can't believe I survived it at 8:00am for a whole semester. Blimey. Learned a great deal about the slow shift into more realistic art.

During lunch I went to the Pont-Aven lecture which was cancelled. Lennie gave a brief synopsis anyway (one person who was going to talk about it wasn't able to come). I think I will apply to it as well. There might not be a Belgium summer program.

I printed out my forms and corrected images for my digital portfolio. Be a great deal easier if I had photoshop on this computer but I left my disk at home. Oh well.

Went home and relaxed for the rest of the day. Tried to watch some of Lynch's Inland Empire and I became really lost just 15 minutes in and it is a three hour movie. I will give it another shot tomorrow.

No comments: