hi

hi

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Professor Plum, in the Drawing Room, with a Revolver.


Clue Night was super fun! We were not playing it exactly right the first couple times and so the games went really fast. Tabitha is a crazy Clue player! She won most of the time. The last two games I had figured out 2/3 of the crime but she always beat me to the last one. Tabitha and Chelsey (I have been spelling it Chelsea, when it is in fact Chelsey. Whoops) did not come with a costume but the rest of us made up the difference with sheer awesome.

Jim was Colonel Mustard, Kristen was Mrs. Peacock (though seemed more Madame Rose in her execution). Karen was Miss Scarlett. Karen made us smoothies and I made some cupcakes which were enjoyed muchly. I employed the same use of self decoration that went over so well at my birthday. Diana had essays and Robin was sick so they couldn't make it. Mel was there for about 2 minutes, she had other things to do I guess. Oh well, maybe next time.

My Professor Plum outfit consisted of high waisted dark blue Jon Valdi trousers (courtesy of Auntie Celia), suspenders, a purple top, a sash tied into a bowtie, novelty glasses, brown pointy shoes (also thanks to Celia), and a drawn on stache. Oh yeah, I was rocking.

Okay, on with the rest of the day. Lindsay was sick so she couldn't attend class. Also six other people could not attend class so it was just eleven people total. Most of the time we drew painfully boring still lifes and spent a few minutes each continually drawing on this one big piece of butcher paper. I brought in my bear rug, expecting to talk about culture and use it as an example, but we never brought the subject up. Not the most interesting class but not the worst. The next few weeks seem exciting.

Riding home was hell. My art travel tube is a pain to go anywhere with because it doesn't really stay secure on ones shoulder. It kept sliding down my arm along with my shoulder bag and I had to keep stopping, in the rain, to adjust it. I really hate that tube, most of the time it just isn't worth it. Need to figure out how to make it not be such a horrible contraption. I was right pissed off when I finally returned home. But once I settled in, all was well fairly quickly. I baked cupcakes for tonight and chatted with Lindsay. She just had a random short illness it would seem. Hmmn.

Painting was of a still life of our own choosing. I put together freaky fish, Zaphod, Sluggy, my pink necklace, and Fab 1 into a little composition. I only managed to fill in most of Fab 1, half the necklace, and freaky fish. The fish looks awesome but I am a far cry from being finished with it. Really I just wanted to get home so I could become Plum and enjoy Clue. We had a brief look over of our still lifes from the past week. My white one looks pretty nice actually, I might have a future in this watercolor business (ha yeah right). Next week we will be moving on to gouache. Joy.

The second ride was easy peasy. Put on my costume, grabbed the cupcakes, and hauled it up stairs to get my game on! Yeah!


No comments: