hi

hi

Sunday, February 3, 2008

bag it up

Collage and game night at Karen's went long. I got home at around 3:00am and decided to just go to bed instead of pushing myself to stay up later and blog.

Anyway, yeah. Hanging with Karen is so fun and awesome. She had a great place and the company is awesome. Smaller crowd this time. When I came over Robin and Karen were watching the new Pride and Prejudice, the one with Keira Knightley. It was really pretty but it didn't grab me. Plus it seemed like Mr. Darcy was stalking her. Jim came over after the movie was done and we sat about chatting and munching on food. When it got late we started to play Payday and that ended up being really fun actually. Karen has a great deal of really old games. There was also more talk of the upcoming Clue Night and a general comic making collective outside of the club.

I didn't get around to taking photos; those will be done today. There was a get together for the Goose Hollow people that Karen was hosting as part of her RA duties. These girls made some comment about the Styrofoam plates that were there for use. Something along the lines of, "Don't they know we are art students?” After those girls left I broke out the Apples to Apples and we played for a good two hours. I met some cool new people and we had lots of fun.

After I helped Karen bring the leftovers back to her place we went out for a walkabout. I saw a cute guy on the streetcar and we talked a little about comics but his friend showed up and royally blew it. We checked out a mediocre record store and then went to Powell's. Mostly I wanted to see if a couple reference books were cheap there but they were not. I did find a great book about people, their bags, and what they keep in their bags. The book itself is a bag. I loved it and ended up getting it. The book is really well designed and I have been showing it off as much as I can.

Took a little break after hanging with Karen to grab some eats. James came by and dropped off the comics I had lent him and I gave him back the ones he had lent me. Nice little trade off. I ate some left overs and lounged, completely forgetting to set up for taking photos. Oh well. Karen called me and so I went up and had lots of fun. I promise staying up late won't become regular. It sure is fun though.

No comments: