hi

hi

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

juice lifts the spirit

Just finished my drawing homework. Lindsay had a music mix and I had a music mix. All in all, very awesome. We each drew continually for ten minutes on a piece of paper and then drew from the patterns that we found. Lindsay made a whole band, I had a couple little things but I dunno. I'll see more tomorrow...probably.

The rain on the way back was terrible. I am really out of practice for both putting a plastic bag over my seat and remembering my rain pants. Oddly enough, the rain didn't bother me in the least. Even though it was coming down quite hard I still went out of my way to Trader Joe's and made it home with a smile on my face. The smile was due mostly to the grocery run. I picked up juice! I love juice. Well it was more lemonade this time around so maybe I should say I love sweet non-carbonated beverages in large jugs that I can enjoy in any amount I desire. Safeway no longer has the juice I love. During Printmaking I decided to go to Trader Joe's so I think that thought kept me motivated for the dreary ride. I also picked up cheese puffs. Love them.

Learned two new techniques in Printmaking. Sugarlift and Soft Ground. Not sure how much I remember from either technique but once I get working on them I can write more about them. I have ideas for the Sugarlift plate and maybe the Soft Ground. Very exciting. I also managed to run off two more prints from my plate, after I etched in further detail. The waffle knit etch on the girls shirt looks GREAT. Far exceeded my expectations. The dots on the mans shirt are subtle but effective. I'm very thrilled with it and can't wait to run off a series. I did one test on newsprint with the new etching and a proof on good paper. The ink was uneven for the proof but Yoshi digged it.

Left a little early from the Goose and picked up some printing paper from the nice people at Art Media.

Comic Club had its first meeting of the year. The regular folks were there plus Jen and August. We wolfed down 5 Dominos pizzas. Tasty. I think they were mediums though. We talked about the zine and random things. Not very exciting but off to an okay start.

Printmaking takes up most of my Wednesday. I love Wednesday.

No comments: