hi

hi

Friday, February 8, 2008

with great rain comes great rain pants

Just got home about half an hour ago. Really long day. But it didn't feel like a long day, actually I feel great. I am on top of things and working hard. Still, spending thirteen hours at school? That makes for a very long Friday.

The day started with rain. At first I thought "dang" but then I remembered I have my rad rain pants and so the journey wasn't that bad.

My comic lit class, the conversation is mostly dominated by one guy. He knows what he is talking about and is really into comics but doesn't let up for the other people that often. We talked about McCloud and I spoke up a couple times. During the break I talked to Trevor (the teacher) about the imagination creating horror and how that makes it that much more effective when utilized in films (instead of just showing all the gore). Then we watched a video about the history of superheroes, as we won't be studying any superheroes this time around. Cool, if a little cheesy, video. Didn't know how much went on during the ages of superheroes. Wow!

Then during my hour break I completed a print. It ended up pretty cool; it was a blue black print on the paper and that works a great deal better than the warmer bone black ink. I could have done a second but I didn't want to rush it so I checked my email and went off to work.

I keep thinking I am forgetting to do something at work because I always finish up my tasks super early. I sweep, I scrub the bathrooms, I check the paper towel and toilet paper levels, I change out the trash...I must be missing something? Anyway, it gave me time to read Crooked Little Vein. Yeah, Ellis should stick to graphic novels. It isn't that bad but it isn't this magnificent feat of a novel. It is almost funny but not quite. I'll see how it finishes.

Then I spent an hour and a half in the print lab. I had to replace the blanket in the press and the pressure was off so my first print was a little light. The second was much better but still a little wonky. The blue black ink is giving me issues...or maybe my hands are really oily. But anyway, I am ahead on my printing so that is really cool. I only needed one proof for next week and now I have four (three blue, one brown). Well...one of them is light so it is more like three. But still, three. I am on top of things! Yeah!

Jim also called me and set me up to be part of a focus group. So that is cool. Jim works calling people and asking if they want to be in focus groups. It is paid as well, booyah!

After printing and the focus group call I headed off to movie night. It has been moved down to just one movie now and they are actually good movies. Tonight’s was Basquait. It was really sad and the lack of music seemed to detract a little from the film but overall it was very touching and I wanted to cry at more than one point. And you can't go wrong with David Bowie.

After the movie Jack and I went to Urban Grind and I grabbed flavored steamed milk and we chatted for a while before departing each others company.

I rode home, made myself some spaghetti and sauce, and now I am kicking back to watch Lost.

I left at 7:45am and returned at 9:20 pm.

No comments: