hi

hi

Sunday, January 27, 2008

I drink your milkshake

Just got back from a late evening with Michael. We saw the last showing of There Will Be Blood at the Lloyd 8 and we chatted for a long time afterwards.

The movie had a rather unsatisfactory ending but I don't think there could have been one. The movie started really well and the first hour was magnificent. There were some amazing and tense scenes and some of the work with sound and music was beyond brilliant. I hope it is nominated for acting, directing, sound, and costume awards. As it had a fairly small main cast the actors had to be really strong and Lewis and Dano were. Daniel Day Lewis had a performance that reminded me of Gangs of New York, not so much a copy but very similar in acting the characters differing types of brutality. Paul Dano, for being the age that he is and having the number of roles that he has, showed subtlety...very subtlety. I don't know what I can say. I don't think I have fully digested this movie yet. Very shocking and real but I began to notice the Cigarette Burns as the movie went past the hour and a half mark. A different story, that is for sure. I like living here as it enables me to see different things.

The theatre we were in was MASSIVE. There looked to be enough seats for 500 people. Outside of Wall-E (probably the same theatre I was in when I saw it) I have never seen anything so big.

Hanging with Michael is nice. He isn't in any of my classes and probably won't be for the rest of our stay at PNCA. Kind of sucks but we are very good about finding time to hang out.

Today was spent loafing and not doing anything. Slept in till noon. I talked to Jim on the phone for a bit. Watched some Twin Peaks. I am almost done with that series. It is getting very interesting and I don't want it to just end in a few episodes. Bah!

Tomorrow I will work on my design for my bronze dry point and read my "text book". Nothing major really. Probably watch a movie and some TV. Might meet up with Jim for coffee (well, a warm beverage for me as I don't drink coffee).

No comments: