hi

hi

Monday, January 28, 2008

deep fried

Oh boy. Oh wow. Lindsay called me asking if I had any plans tonight and I said no so she invited me out for Hot Wings. We hopped on the Red Line and transferred to the Yellow line. Matt and Andy boarded at the same time we did and we chatted a little. Amazing I am now running into people I know.

We arrived at Fire on the Mountain and ordered up our meal and took a seat. The live musician was starting his night right as we settled. First up was the large order of deep fried tater tots. We horfed on those for a while and then came the buffalo wings, half spicy and half sweet. Our pace slowed as we wolfed the food down. More and more was stuffed as our face and hands got messier and messier. Right as we were starting to settle, the grand finale showed up: deep fried Twinkies. Oh god. It has been two hours and I am still immobile and lethargic. We both ate the whole Twinkie! Each! We had one each, and we finished it in its hot and gooey glory. Uuuuhhhnnn... We had lots of fun chatting and stuffing our faces and riding back and forth.

Art History lasted all of 20 minutes. Jim, Diana, Sandra, Jack, and Pete are in my class. It is really full. The teacher remembered me and singled me out as the one who suggested No Country For Old Men to her...and then she said she found it really grim and dark and creepy and thought she might have missed something because I loved it. So yeah...she singled me out as maybe a bit psychotic?

I checked out some books and then went home. I finished Twin Peaks and first of all Spanish subtitles showed up out of nowhere covering the subtitles for the backwards talking. They spent 15 minutes in the Red Room. Dale is possessed by Bob. Audrey might be exploded. And that is it. No more Twin Peaks. There is a movie out but it is a prequel. Who wants a prequel??

Uhhh oh maaan. That was too much. And I will be riding 7+ miles tomorrow. Going to the East Side!

No comments: