hi

hi

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Swade, Jake Allen & Henley

Just got back from Karen's. We sat about watching Scrubs, working on homework, eating chocolate, and just drawing and gossiping as art girls do.

I have my sketch all done for Printmaking tomorrow. It took me longer and I had more frustration with it than I thought I should have. But the expressions are great and I can't wait to translate it onto my plate and start printing.

Today started off fairly fun. It was raining in the morning so I decided to wear my rain pants. It was not raining as I biked with them but I still looked pretty damn cool. We were meeting at Work Sound, which is Modou's gallery that he curates for. The gallery is in East Portland, so I had to cross the Hawthorne bridge. I left at about 7:50 and arrived at 8:15. He didn't show up till about 8:40. The outside was very very cold and the inside seemed even colder. It was painful to sit and draw. The assignment was to draw from observation from the pieces and from those sketches produce an original work to show by next class. Well that is what I THOUGHT the assignment was so I just did quick sketches to get some of the parts I liked about pictures across. However the assignment will be to go over the sketchbook drawings that we did, and not any original piece. It is a shame because I had an idea for what I wanted to do for the assignment. I think I might get a start on it anyway, just so I have something to show with my rudimentary sketchbook drawings.

The ride back was hell. What was downhill one was was up back and I was freezing cold. Some parts of my body warmed up but my toes and fingers were in considerable pain. I just slumped in front of my computer when I got back, turned on the heat, wrapped myself in a blanket, made some cocoa and watched some movies. I watched Drugstore Cowboy in the background as I made my Internet rounds. Maybe I would have liked it better had I paid attention. I don't think it has aged well, it was probably edgy when it came out but now it is commonplace. I also watched Death to Smoochy. That is a delightful movie. Edward Norton is adorable and mostly everyone acts really well, even Robin Williams. Nice dark comedy.

Eventually it was time to return to school. I packed up my painting supplies and rode out into the late afternoon. Class was uneventful. We painted a still life to practice color mixing. I am slowly getting it. Emphasis on the slow. There were enough tables this time so I didn't have to share with Jason. Raved about Fire on the Mountain to him and I think he thought I was asking him out...oops.

It was raining profusely during our snack break. Luckily I had but a plastic bag over my seat. Unluckily I had left my rainpants at home because I doubted it would start raining again. By the time I had to leave it was only a soft rain, nothing too horrendous.

When I got home I discovered a new pet in our home. A venus fly trap. We have been having problems with flies so hopefully the little guy can do the trick.

I relaxed a bit. We cleaned and scrubbed our place a bit. Then it was time for me to go visit with awesome Karen and the crew (Chelsea, Kristen, and Robin).

No comments: