hi

hi

Friday, February 1, 2008

Shins & Cups


James Mercer gave a live acoustic performance at PNCA tonight. It was at 10:15, after a long lecture about how the army is screwing over the environment, among other things. I am not the biggest fan of The Shins but it was a lovely performance. There was not a large amount of people so it was very close and respectful. It was more about a man and his guitar than this famous musician performing. I was out late but it was worth it.

The Focus The Nation lecture was depressing, as most environmental and army speeches tend to be (or at least make me feel like they are). Some valuable information was given but I didn't write it down.

Experiments in Drawing was spent in part drawing cups (either our favorite cup or other peoples favorite cups) and in a short review/critique. I need to stretch my imagination a little more. I'm still on the fence about the class but I am for sure not dropping it. It is as tricky as I make it; as experimental as I make it.

I went home to relax. I fell asleep reading Scott McCloud's Understanding Comics.

Painting class was spent doing a white still life, as in finding the color in white objects. The class goes fast, too fast. I haven't finished a painting yet. I mix very slow.

After class I worked on my reading response for Scott McCloud's very boring book and I worked on my plate a little. I grabbed something to eat from Urban Grind and then I sat down to listen to the depressing talk.

Very busy day, it will be nice to sit back tomorrow.

No comments: