hi

hi

Monday, January 21, 2008

force feeding the sugar


As it is midnight, I have officially become 20. Go me.

Woke up early to get everything cleaned and tidied up. Felt like I had a wee bit of a late start but in the end no one showed up till around 4:00 so it all worked out just fine. Watched a couple episodes of Twin Peaks.

Mel came over first and we sat and ate chips and discussed nerdy things. Robin came not too long after and then things really got cooking! Sort of. Diana walked all the way over from Burnside. Robin brought up her iPod dock and we started listening to some tunes while snacking and chatting. The Jones soda was a moderate hit. Very sweet. In need of some real food, I cooked up some Gyoza. It was quite delicious and Chelsea showed up as we were finishing the first batch so I made another. Both went quickly.

We played Apples to Apples. At first we played till 8 green cards and then Mel got 7 so we upped it to 10, Mel still won. During the middle of the game, I whipped out the brain mold Jello.

The mold itself was a larger hit than the actual stuff which was really really thick. I might try it with less Jello...the thickness is very icky. I didn't tell anyone it was brain shaped so it was a big surprise. They got a kick out of it.

After Jello and Apples to Apples we played a few rounds of Old Maid. The rotation got a little confusing at times but fun was had. Things dissolved into chatter and munching on food. Ibanez was also much adored by all the ladies present. We winded down with Two Truths and a Lie. Everyone emptied out at around 9:00pm. But then about 20 minutes later Mel, Robin, and Chelsea came back. Haha. We watched some Conan and tried to do some dance moves and we talked about what the next fashion trend would be. My vote is on bright solid colors mixed together. It combines the layering trend as well as sort of hipster and mod. I'm all for color. Robin made us tea and during my company break I cleaned up a little.

But all good things must come to pass and they left. But all in all it was a wonderful Birthday. The perfect amount of people and great company they were. A good long shindig with lots of treats and talks. Not so much a Birthday party but just using it as an excuse to gather. It was wonderful. My 20th is starting on a great note. Whooo!!!



Fun Party Tip: When serving cupcakes, don't ice them. Have a couple kinds of icing and many types of sprinkles out and let your guests decorate it how they wish! Much fun will be had.

No comments: