hi

hi

Monday, January 21, 2008

plaid & orange

Went shopping with the girls today. The girls being Robin, Diana and Mollie. Very chilly. Cheek numbingly chilly. Blimey it was cold today. I don't think it broke 40, and if it did it didn't feel like it.

We met Diana at the library and grabbed some warm eats. Then the shopping bonanza began! Gap had an awesome sale rack, it was affordable and had an extra 20% mark down. I bought a flannel frilly button up and an orange waffle-knit undershirt. The total: $15. Awesome! J. Crew and Fossil just had overpriced and ridiculous stuff so we left. We stopped in at Ray's Ragtime but it was just funky old time stuff. Mollie left us then and went to the library and we continued on to Buffalo Exchange. I saw some nice colored things but when I tried them on they were overly lowcut or sort of see-through due to cheap fabric. Diana found a fab plaid shirt-dress that looks great on me and was a very reasonable $13. We hung around in Anthropolgoie for a while. It had a great amount of really cute clothes that were sadly way out of our range, unlike J. Crew and Fossil which are out of our range and don't really look good either (well J. Crew did have a great pair of skinny leg canary yellow jeans).

We braved the cold and Diana and I got something to eat and we shared a little with Robin. Next was loitering in the Pearl Room at Powell's. There was a book of vintage mugshots that I really loved; such variety and intrigue! Eventually we parted ways with Diana and briskly made our way back to Goose Hollow.

I dropped off my stuff, changed into my shirt dress, and went down one floor to Robin's and we hung out making stuff. The most productive I have been all vacation and it is the final day. We lost our steam when it came to making things and we watching The Red Violin with Kristin and her boyfriend (actually fiancee now). I only remember one part of the movie, and that part wasn't the beautiful shots it contained. Some great little bits of time changing and sets. Beautiful film. All I remember when I first saw it was how the Red Violin was made.

My last day and night of vacation. Tomorrow my second semester of my first year begins at PNCA. My first semester as an Illustration major and my first semester as a sophomore.

No comments: