hi

hi

Thursday, December 20, 2007

it is when the quiet ones snap...

I told off Patrick. He didn't say anything during critique again; just stared at the computer screen. His critique went quick as no one really wanted to say anything. Gordon closed out of his website and then I snapped and said something.

Pretty much, from the back of the room I said:
"You know what Patrick. During this whole critique you have just been sitting there staring at your computer watching movies. You haven't said anything. It is really disrespectful to all of us, and insulting. It is insulting to me. You come in late and say you don't want to do the project. We all did the final. We all did the work. It doesn't matter if you don't want to do it, you do it."

There was a moment of silence and Gordon said, "You know, she has a point."

During his short critique I indicated my mood towards him, a prelude or a foreshadowing if you will, with a little comment:

"For a photo major you don't have really any photos on your website."
"I'm not in a photo class this semester."
"Bullshit. We spent 10 weeks in the dark room in our 2D Design class."
"Yeah but I didn't like anything I produced."

After my comment I looked back at people's faces and they had a frozen expression of ecstatic joy on their faces. I have been basking in the praise of my accomplishments all day. Karen reenacted the events for Cidney, Laura, Tabitha, Robin and I later on. It was great. All of it was great. Just gotta stand up in class, stand up to the major E-bags who think they can get away with it. YEAAH!! I ROCK!

Chatted with Mel, Jim, Karen and Chelsea between the break of classes.

We had Paul for drawing and that was just painfully slow and bland. He lectured for ages about the techniques of the Masters and this line thing that doesn't work at all. I couldn't make a decent drawing in the whole class today, all the proportions ended up looking screwy even though I laid them out. A really slow and stressful way to end my semester. Scott was our model and he was great. Really friendly and top notch. Paul supplied us with cookies and juice again but Scott was naked so he didn't get up to get any (nice guy like that) but I asked if he wanted one and brought a cookie to him when he said yes.

Sarah, Danny, Mollie, Elaina and I went to Acorn for lunch. I had an overpriced sandwich. The staff was cute but it was way way overpriced. The talk was centered around their upcoming ADCS debates and not my heroism (I don't think they know Patrick).

After class I hung around PNCA; running errands and whatnot.

I am lending Sandman to Diana and on my way to her place to drop it off, I passed Tabitha and Karen. They informed me that they were not invited to Cidney's Going Away Party going on right then and there and they were going to crash it. I said I would join the after I swung by Diana's.

So I swung by Diana's and I did some last minute Christmas shopping. Went home, dropped my stuff off, and went down one floor and crashed Cidney's going away party.

It was fun. Karen, as I mentioned, reenacted my heroism. Robin played her Cello. Then I played her Cello. Then Tabitha played it. And I played it again. We ate ice cream and fried bananas. Tabitha sells knives door to door. I never knew that, amazing! The night was filled with lots of chatter about whatnots. Fried banana is delicious. Cidney is leaving us for Evergreen. She is going to be a Geoduck now, bah! I wanted to be all awesome and Illustration Major-y with her. Bah! Sucks. Gave her a group hug and bid her farewell to the tune of "Giiiiiiiii..."

...

My first semester at PNCA is over.

No comments: