hi

hi

Thursday, December 20, 2007

no pain, maybe some gain

Oww my abs hurt so much. I didn't even know I HAD abs. Yoga activated some hidden muscle within me.

I came to school early to print out some more copies of my minicomic for class. The good printer was out of ink, the other printer had someone on it, and I couldn't use the worst printer because far too many people were using it for it to be viable for many copies. Grr! I hate how horrible the printers are at this school. You think, what with it being an art school and all that, it would have good printers and lots of ink cartridges on supply. Bleeh! So I only have about 6 one sided comics. That is no good for giving to people, none what so ever.

The 2D critique went fast. We didn't really any intense discussion. My messages didn't come across very well but my first collage was complimented as working really well as a piece. Tabitha's collage was beautiful. Patrick came in during the last 20 minutes and didn't even have his final with him. He didn't even say anything during the critique. Glad I won't have him in anymore classes; what with him being a photo major and a flake. It went quick and so we didn't have to return after class. Which does me no good because I have class at 3.

Comic Club had two more people show up and four old people. Sweet meeting some of the other people. We had Pizza Shmizza instead of Hot Lips. For some reason I horfed down four slices. A small meeting but a good show up considering it is finals week. I hung out in the commons after with the left over pizza, offering it to who ever passed. It got gobbled up pretty quick.

Craig had a slice, he said he is doing his science comic with scratchboard which seems unlike him. His paintings are so colorful and vibrant, I can't imagine him black and white. It will be super rad to see!

Time Arts was all critique and all the work was brilliant and well thought out. Some of it at different levels of completion but overall a great variety that was a joy to go over. There was karaoke, sped up eating, people walking with mixed up sound effects, illustrated Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, visual poetry, slow motion fabric, gridded animation, music video with a guy and an animated chalkboard rabbit, a comic about the end of days, a comic about purgatory, and a comic that seemed to be the exact opposite of mine in a way. I'm going to miss everyone, I'll see them eventually!

Oh and Marilyn can't be human with her ink skills. Seriously. Not human. Her work was just one page but she contained more lines compacted neatly together than I have ever seen before. Her work was about this gummy shark boy trying to win a beauty pageant. I don't understand it either but wow.

Yoga, as I mentioned earlier, was a serious ab workout. Even if we only did ab-stuff for a few minutes. Ow ow ow...

No comments: