hi

hi

Sunday, December 23, 2007

I miss...my bike

Left my heroic post up a little longer, to make sure everybody read it, for I am awesome.


Yesterday:

I barely made it to the train on time. I missed the Max closest to 2:00 and caught the 1:15 one and didn't arrive at the station until 2:40 for my 2:50 train. Had to lug my suitcase up into the train and find a spot for it; couldn't check it. Sat next to a nice enough guy who just watched skater videos on his Mac. I forgot my headphones so I couldn't watch anything from my laptop. Enjoyed a hot dog, soda and a cookie for my lunch and read some more of Rant.

Mom and Dad were waiting for me when I arrived in Tacoma. Yay! Dad! Haven't seen him since August, yaaay!

We went to Nathan and Rubie's new Tacoma apartment. Pretty nice, mine is bigger. Ate some more food and dismissed the offer of Oreo's. Mom doesn't like my Patrick-telling-off story. I think I was awesome.

Arrived home and revved up my computer to utilize the Internet. Watched the last half of Ratatouille with the parents. It didn't interest me enough to watch the first half. We watched an episode of Scrubs and then tucked in for the night.


Today:

Slept in nice and proper.

Mom stuffed some of the cookies she had made this morning in my mouth for breakfast. She gave me a glass of Emergen-C to balance it out.

Mum and I went to go see The Golden Compass. It was pretty good, it ended right where I am in the book so it is good that that part didn't get spoiled for me, not so good that it didn't get the full book stuffed into the adaptation and the ending is a little anti-climactic. It captures the energy of the book; which is to say that it shifts scenes really quickly without resting to long anywhere. The quick scene jumps are...quick. Still, sad that there won't be another adaptation because this one is totally failing in theatres.

We went home, relaxed a little and Mom, Dad and I swung by and picked up Joe Z. and Celia for Auntie C's Birthday Dinner.

We went to a place in Manette (Manet?) which isn't "Bremerton" but damn close. I dozed off on the car ride there.

The place, while cold, was very nice. We ended up being there for about two and a half hours. I had this ricotta and butternut squash stuffed in...something...with something on top...uhm. It was really good! Mom and Celia complained about how long it took the food to get to us but the place gave us lots of bread and I was perfectly fine. We had nowhere to go so why were they ranting about the time? They were understaffed and busy; perfectly good excuse for being slow. The food was worth it. Totally worth it, the first time I have had gourmet fancy expensive food that seemed like it was worth the price tag.

After I gave Celia her present (some Log Home magazines) and we all went home and chilled out for the rest of the night.

Mmm my food was so soft and gooey.

Being home I am so tired and sapped. I think it is because I am not riding my bike three miles like I am used to. Bah.

No comments: