hi

hi

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

snow, sardines, starships, straws, sugar, strategy


Well Christmas has come and gone.

Slept in a little more than usual for a Christmas day, my stocking was waiting for me all plump and full of goodies. We had cinnamon rolls, bacon and grapefruit halves for breakfast. Not the largest of gift exchanges we have had in the past but we are all to the point of wanting things we need and not wanting extra things.

I received from the family: crazy straws, sardines, socks, pringles, chocolate orange, bike fender, and sweets. Lots of sweets. Also Kirie and Mark sent me these VERY AWESOME snap closure leg warmers from Harlem. Very cool (and warm!).

I gave a Post Secret book to mum and dad, some skeleton stickers to mum, a treehouse making book and a PNCA tee to dad, and the Perry Bible Fellowship anthology to Nathan. Not the greatest amount of gifts but hey...I'm poor.

Rubie gave me these photo coasters that had photos of me, Nate and Basil in them. Sooo sweet! No photos of her and me so I'll just paste over Nathan's face with hers. Auntie Celia gave me some sweet art supplies.

We sort of chilled out for a while. Nathan got this game called Khet and wanted to play us. He beat dad and then I played Nate twice after that. I wasn't really paying that much attention and I beat Nathan at his own game. Hehehehe. That never happens. Dad beat me pretty quick after my two rounds with Nathan.

It had started snowing around Noon so we decided not to head out to the Grandparents right at that moment and see how the weather was going to shape up. We went outside and played in the snow a little bit.

I watched part of the first episode of the second season of Twin Peaks. That scene with Dale Cooper laying there on the floor after having been shot; EXCRUCIATING!! Oh my...I knew he would get help but when was just trying my nerves. Also around this time was when I started to "acquire" the new Christmas Special of Doctor Who. I don't like David Tennant but I do like Kylie Minogue. Ooohh I couldn't wait for it to finish...

About...ohh maybe three-ish we headed out for the Grandparents Spencer. The Seabeck roads were highly treacherous. Nathan wanted to play another game of Khet. He made a mistake in the middle of the game and I would have won but I let him have a redo so he ended up winning.

Grandma and Grandpa didn't have their Christmas Tree up but there WERE party poppers. Ohhh. They also didn't have their bouncing angel. Dad made an over sized red wagon for Grandpa and I brought along some of my peanut brittle. We threw a couple Christmas Pizza's in the oven and dad played Santa and handed out gifties.

Nate and Pa received matching flying helicopters. Those things didn't so much fly as go up really fast and all about randomly. Lots of fun. I received a gift certificate for Artist's Edge, my favorite little art store in Silverdale (Utrecht and Art Media are gougers). I think I will apply it towards book binding supplies, pen nibs, and nice paper. Auntie Joyce gave me the very awesome gift bag of uber hot cocoa mix, uber uber brownie mix in a snowman shaped glass, and a gift certificate for Bed Bath and Beyond. Whoo!! Nathan also received brownie mix, but mine was the only one shaped like a snowman. Yeah, I rock.

Our festive Pizza was delicious and thick. Take that Portland Pizza! Nathan and I played yet another game of Khet. I won. Or..wait I think he won. Uhh. Oh right yeah we played two games. I won the first rather sneakily and complexly (my earlier wins had been rather simple two laser bounce wins) and the second time we played, a freestyle set up, he won.

Dessert was had, more games were played, lounging was enjoyed. At around 8:00ish we returned home and slacked for the rest of the night. My Doctor Who had some problems in its acquirement so I had to start fresh. Watched a little more Twin Peaks while waiting for it to meander its way onto my hard drive. Sooo worth the wait! Still don't like Tennant (teeth gnashing, etc.) but Kylie was so adorable. Nice little complete special with mostly good effects (great for Who).

So late. I least I have no plans for tomorrow and can sleep in.

No comments: