hi

hi

Saturday, December 29, 2007

this isn't root beer

I planned to wake up early today and get a jump on things and hang out with Peeler later. But I fell asleep after I turned off my alarm and didn't wake up till noon. Oh well.

Mum, Dad and I went into town for a movie and errands. We saw Juno. It was okay, it might have been better a few years ago when all the hipster indie movies were just starting to hit mainstream. The cast was excellent. The soundtrack was really annoying; all the sounds sounded the same and didn't fit the lead characters that much. Some of the teen speak was very forced sounding. I give it a maybe DVD rental.

After than we went to Artist's Edge and I used my gift certificate to buy some art supplies. Art supplies cost so much. Booo for art supplies costing so much.

We hit up the mall next. All the teens look exactly the same and all walk around in same-looking lame little packs. Hanging around with artists and art school students sort of makes the rest of the people look the same. When I visited Seattle all the UW students looked the same. There isn't as many generic flat-hair-with-piercings scenester kids at PNCA. There are some sceney people, and tight pants are everywhere, but no one really seems to force who they are or how they dress. It is very refreshing. I'm really glad to be there; I never fit in here.

We ate at the Mongolian Grill where you select the food and they cook it up for you. When we were finishing up our meal and assembling all our food trash mom dumped the soy sauce into the soda cup for some reason. Dad was unaware of this and, much to our horror, took a drink. He promptly spit it out and we had a good chuckle at his expense.

I was so tired all day. From the instant I got up all I wanted to do was climb back into bed. Now I am in bed and it is GREAT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently discussing about how technology has become so integrated in our day to day lives. Reading this post makes me think back to that discussion we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory falls, the possibility of copying our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about all the time.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/16129580/does-the-r4-or-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds]R4 SDHC[/url] DS BB)