hi

hi

Monday, December 24, 2007

fish coffee

I've been up watching Twin Peaks and I am only two episodes in and already I am a little scared. Just want to watch more now...

Today we went to Grandma and Grandpa Pedersen's for a pre-Christmas dinner.

I brought along my tube o' art to show Grandpa John and it was really well received. He showed me some of his work from the late 30's through the 50's; Cornish through when my mum was a child. Really amazing, the Cornish figure studies were exquisite (interesting how we work with nude male models at PNCA and they had underpants on at Cornish) in their attention to detail. His sketches from Mexico were great at capturing the people and scenes with fewer lines (and more in some of the longer market scenes). That is what I hope to be able to reach, that level of talent where you can capture something without having to go over it again and again fine tuning it.

Dinner was a tasty soup, even though I only got one shrimp.

After dinner I read the new David Sedaris story from the New Yorker out loud for everybody. A very thoughtful and poignant piece, it made me think about my own reaction to Tracey's death. I love Sedaris because he is very truthful about how selfish we are.

Showed Joe Z. and Celia my art. Wish I had more to show after a whole semesters worth of work.

We did some last minute shopping in Silverdale on the way home and then we chilled for the rest of the night. Whoo for being freaked out by TV that is older than me!

No comments: