hi

hi

Monday, November 12, 2007

overload? maybe. We will see.

I'm not all that tired today. Sure I had some good yawns but no drifting off.

Review was pretty painless, the test. Uhh. Not so much, I totally spaced on two names but they sounded like architects so I wrote down they designed the Parthenon. Wrote a shpeal about how great showing body movement in sculpture is and tried my best at diagramming some Doric Order Columns. I think I got more of the time frames right than the last one. We'll see. I'll see, you'll scorn me.

Hand was aching and I moved on to gouache design. Did my blue gray scale and cut out the blocks.

Registration begins today so I did some running around during class (Sally let us) and got the schedule to look over and my registration sheet. I filled it out and during lunch I sat waiting for half an hour to speak to Pearl only to be told that I was a transfer so I wasn't going to speak to her (this was foundation ONLY) and I'll have to wait till the 20th(when I had made my appointment). I filled out my registration and turned it in anyway. I can always swap things around when I meet with her. Have a meeting with Martin French tomorrow; that should be fun. Bring in what I'm working on now and my sketchbook. I think he will let me into Illustration, I have the credits anyway.

As of right now, my schedule for Spring 2008 is:
Art History: Renaissance to WWII with Libby Farr (M 11-3)
Experiments in Drawing with Modou Dieng (TTh 8-10:45)
Illustration Studio I: Conceptual Techniques with Kurt Holloman (TTh 11-3)
Illustration Painting Techniques with Sally Cleveland (TTh 3:15-6)
Beginning Painting with Arvie Smith (F 11-5)

So four artsy working classes and one literary class. Jim and Diana will be in my Art History class, so that will be awesome. Might be a hard work load, I don't know. See what Pearl says of it in a week.

OH! And I also found out that an Illustration degree is half painting degree. FUN. I so do not want to spend time working on one work, I would rather to printmaking. So if I wanted to take Illustration/Printmaking I would have to switch my degree to General Fine Arts. Which I don't want; every kid is a GFA and has a BFA degree. I have some transfer credits which act as a nice elective buffer so I think I will pad my electives with Printmaking courses. There is a Graphic Novel class (taught by Daniel Duford) but that is for 300 level only. Something to look forward to in a years time. So yeah, taking me some painting next semester. But it is with Arvie and Arvie is pretty awesome and a talented painter.

Cut out and picked out my colors for my color wheel for class. Need to figure out a creative way to piece it together.

Time Arts was super fun. Critiqued our little one panel comics. Most people didn't get mine but it was super nerdy. There was a miss-hearing about if I knew what "Raw" was and I said no, thinking they were talking about something called "Ra". Rose took away some nerd points and then I figured out they were talking about Raw. She didn't formally reinstate my nerd points. Gotta do some brainstorming for my comic now, hmmn. Also need to look into Persepolis.

Wasn't raining when I went home, was when I went to school.

Prison Break has really lost my interest, maybe it would have it more if I could see it. Heroes was pretty good but same for lack of interest due to fuzzy reception.

No comments: