hi

hi

Monday, November 12, 2007

holy insomnia, Batman!

Oh dear. I'm up late on a Sunday night. This will not do well for tomorrow. Expect "an Oh gee, I'm tired. Why Why Why did I stay up?" post.

I got up before noon so really I have no idea where the time went. Around 6:30 I sat down and drew my comic for Time Arts while watching Constantine. That took an hour. Moved onto drawing my own little piece. Lindsay's friend Ashley was over tonight and we all sat about drawing.

Took some time off from my own project and read the Scott McCloud stuff I have to read for Time Arts. Scott McCloud goes blah blah about how comics are not a recognized medium of art. I could excuse that if he wrote the book in like, the 70's or something. But he didn't. He wrote it in 2000. AFTER Watchmen, AFTER The Sandman, AFTER Neil Gaiman, Grant Morrison, Garth Ennis, Frank Miller, Alan Moore and an endless list of talented people well and truly established that comics are art and literature. I don't think I like Scott McCloud. I'm not even sure if it is McCloud or Mcloud (could even be McLeod) but I don't care enough about him to look it up and see.

Then I returned to drawing and oh gee whiz it became 12:30 am.

Here is what I am working on (with no attention payed to composition):

No comments: