hi

hi

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

the ol' switcharoo

House was pretty goog tonight. Kal Penn is the resident difibulator, bwaahaha! Loved that part. Then watched an episode of Spaced with Sean. I'm going to try to get a good early bed time tonight. So then maybe, maybe I will be totally on time tomorrow. I have paperwork to turn in anyway.

Digital Tools was spent part in critique. Mine was the second last to be reviewed and it went over pretty well. It was the anagulous one. Got some props about the range of color choices but the background was trying to pop forward a little more. Then we looked up clip art to piece together into a photoshop collage. Lotsa fun. I drifted off during one of his photoshop lectures but I think I know what Gordon is talking about so it's all good.

We took a field trip to some galleries in Drawing class. Looked at more Chuck Close prints and art by Robt A. Nelson. Both were phenomenal, though the PAM Chuck Close exhibit is more magnificent and on a larger scale. Course you couldn't buy anything at PAM either. Then we went back and messed around with acrylics creating texture. The texture paintings went into the second part and we hung them on the wall. I don't know quite the point but oh well. It was fun. I got acrylic on my jacket (it is white, the one I got at Goodwill) and I washed it in the sink and the blues faded pretty good. White just gets so dirty, bah!

For lunch I went to Yo's cart and got some curry. I ran into one of the MFA's, Nicole, and we ended up hanging out and chatting all through lunch. She's really sweet. The ping-pong tourney was delayed so now Craig has another week to prepare against Carlos and Yo.

After Drawing I met with Martin French, my Illustration advisor. We went over my schedule and my sketchbook and he complimented my work with the figure both in different styles and trying from reality. He suggested I postpone the illustration studio class for the next fall semester and take an elective. I do agree that flip-flopping is not the way to go when I'm a junior. I'm still taking 3/5 required Illustration courses next semester. I filled out my add/drop form and so I am replacing Illustration Studio I: Conceptual Techniques with Beginning Printmaking: Intaglio & Lithograph. So I'm not taking another basic drawing class; which is what I really did not want to do.

I still am coming out ahead even though I am delaying my studio courses. I am taking art history now, when means I won't be taking it when I am a Sophomore/Junior. I am taking beginning painting now and then when I take the second beginning painting in Fall 08 I'm done with that portion. Oh wait, shoot. Just looked it up and there is one more intermediate painting class. But that is still something I have a jump on. Experiments in Drawing will be done before I even start the studios as is one of my other Illustration requirements. Essentially I am getting a semester head start in all my classes outside of the studio, and I am super far ahead in terms of electives so when it comes to my Junior and Senior years I can pay more attention the reason I am at art school and not have to bother with art history or electives. Of course this is assuming I don't fail/drop any classes. Which I (probably)won't. I'm awesome.

I was in Safeway when mum called. I made a (bad)joke about biking and talking on my cell to her at the same time. Yeah, she didn't take it well.

So my schedule is still tentative. I'll turn in the add/drop tomorrow and hopefully they will print out a schedule saying I got into everything. I don't have much worry, it is a small school and my largest class has about 20 people in it.

No comments: